Chapter 4

﹌﹌﹌

"He did what!?"

It was two days after the Las Vegas performance and a glorious Saturday morning, I stood before Jesy in our hotel room throwing together a last minute outfit to wear before heading to the track. Telling Jesy about the like Charles had silently left on my post never crossed my mind, till that day. I dropped the bombshell whilst she was in the shower and in a matter of five seconds I heard wet footsteps rapidly tapping against the floor as she sprung into the bedroom, wrapped in nothing but a towel.

"Please don't make it a big deal I've already had the media do that"

For days all I could see on Twitter and Instagram was articles headlined 'Leclerc and Lucinda brewing a sudden friendship after Las Vegas performance?'

708,277 Likes
grandprix: 🚨 Leclerc and Lucinda brewing a sudden friendship after Las Vegas performance?

View all 557 comments

"Not a big deal? Charles fucking Leclerc liked your post..he doesn't even follow you!" Jesy shrieked lifting her head off the flattened pillows to face me.

"It doesn't mean anything, I've had one conversation with the man and I wouldn't even call it a conversation. I don't even know him"

"An interaction with lots of eye contact then and so what if you don't know him that could change"

Picking up my small white heels I turned to face the vanity mirror as I stared at the black leather jumpsuit I'd hastily thrown on. It'll do I suppose. I caught a glimpse of Jesys glare in the corner of the mirror and I laughed.

"seriously jess there's no meaning to it, it's just a like"

She sat up straight and I immediately knew she was about to try and prove a point to me. I bit the inside of my cheek preparing myself. "Humour me for a second Luce, the man didn't know who you were until this week, he doesn't follow any of your social media's yet the second you have a minutes conversation with him he suddenly likes an Instagram post"

I turned to face her my face expressionless, she looked at me and grinned knowing I was close to admitting defeat. Jesy was right in some aspect that it was strange however I was still set in my ways that it didn't mean anything and it was being hyped up way to much.

I clutched my black purse that was perched on the edge of my suitcase and for the final time tried to rest my case. "It's just a like end of story"

"Luce serio-"

"End of story" I protested. Jesy deflated back against the bed acknowledging that she had to cut it short before climbing off the bed and grabbing her blazer.

"One day you'll realise I'm right"

"Yeah when I'm dead and even then you won't be"

The drive to the track was pure hell. Jesy had spent the majority of the trip filling in Jade and Leigh on the latest even after promising me she wouldn't. Camille sat in the front seat every so often glancing behind to listen in. I gritted my teeth as the shrieks from Leigh and the "why the fuck didn't you speak up sooner" comments from Jade scratched my brain. And not in a good way. By the time we'd arrived at our destination I practically launched myself out the car head first.