Chapter 25

Song for this chapter- SkyFall Adele

This chapter was already written and drafted but thought I would release it early :) I did warn you!

                                         ﹌﹌﹌

               Song for this chapter- SkyFall Adele                                       This chapter was already written and drafted but thought I would release it early :) I did warn you!                                            ﹌﹌﹌

(What Luce was wearing for the Miami Grand Prix)

Life. A rollercoaster of emotions. Even in times of trauma, we try to maintain a sense of normality until we no longer can. I called that surviving. We never become truly whole again when we experience trauma, instead we are survivors. Most people, they have these near- death experiences in life, a rude awakening call. They go through a tunnel and they meet the bright light at the end of it. We can lose anyone at the click of our fingers.

And I nearly did that day.

Four laps away from victory, four laps away from securing his fourth victory of the new season. He was almost six seconds ahead of everyone, taking every corner at high speed.

Too high.

My heart dropped to the soles of my feet and through the earth as the cloud of smoke and flames appeared in front on me on the screen. Charles car smashed into pieces. Every thought and emotion you could possibly imagine ran through me at the point. I was watching the race from inside the garage with everyone else, Charles hadn't been confident that morning especially after voicing his concerns with the car the night before. He'd spent most of the night tossing and turning, every so often clutching onto me waking me up. But I didn't mind.

Everything was going so well, the troubles that had been voiced wasn't evident at first. Until it started raining. I'd seen crashes on the track before, not in person but from previous races. You know when they're going to be okay you have that feeling. Then there's some you see and your heart drops.

I knew this one was bad.

It happened so fast his car had spun as he lost the grip. It flipped. And had been thrown into a railing protecting everyone else from the track. From the car. From him. For a moment I couldn't move I felt several eyes on me waiting to see if I was going to react, but I couldn't.

Then I did.

I grabbed the headphones discarding them off my head and made a break for it into the pit lane. I knew i wasn't allowed but I didn't give a shit in that moment. There was a silence on the pit wall, the thick black clouds almost made it pitch black outside and the rain had eased up slightly. My eyes had settled on a frantic figure running towards me as Leigh appeared out the number 44 garage.

"Leigh stop her!" Toto shouted as he saw me trying to run towards the direction of the track. On the screens surrounding I could see several people running towards the crash site but still no sign of Charles.

"What the fuck happened?" I yelled over the rain as Leigh caught me in her grip. Toto had also appeared beside me trying to restrain me from running anywhere I shouldn't.