Chapter 35

﹌﹌﹌
"How the hell has this happened?"

Camille had pulled me and the girls in for an emergency meeting the next morning. The rumours were growing wilder by the hour as the clock was ticking on ideas on how shut them down properly.

"Someone in the team must've sold the song to the press" Jesy started up whilst Leigh nodded her head in agreement "Which means we need to find out who and why" My body was overcome with anxiety as I leant my elbows against the table planting my face in my hands "Who in their right mind would sell a song?"

Leigh shrugged her shoulders "Someone who needed money I suppose, no one sells a song without a large check coming back from it" Jade turned her head towards me with an idea glistening clearly behind her eyes "You know what would help the situation with the tabloids though.." I peered through my fingers at her knowing whatever she was about to say was not going to be good "What?"

"If you and Charles were seen together again" The straight face she gave me made me scoff out a laugh whilst standing up to try and clear my head.

"Okay it's clear you've lost your mind"

"Yeah too right, what the fuck Jade" Jesy added turning to face her with a shocked expression.

"I'm sorry alright I panicked!"

"How's that going to help anything here? The main problem is someone's sold our song and the fact people think I've gone solo when I haven't"  I quickly found my seat as I sat myself back down due to the dizziness quickly overwhelming me.

"You okay Luce?" Camille asked as she glanced in my direction, I nodded my head as the fog over it began to dissipate. She smiled before continuing seemingly pleased I wasn't going to pass out on her "Look I think it's best you release a statement as a group clearing up the solo rumours and state exactly what it is which is a demo of Lucinda's voice"

Leigh's eyes from across the table lit up with hope, Camille was right it was the best shot we had at shutting down the rumours and putting the fans minds at ease "That's actually a good idea" Jade agreed.

"Better then getting Charles back into the picture" Jade silently scoffed. Amidst the bitching that had arisen from that I was distracted when my phone lit up with a text causing everyone's attention to flicker to me.

"It's from Charles" I breathed out. I began to shake uncontrollably as I clicked onto the notification blowing up our previous conversations..then the simple message laying patiently at the bottom waiting to be read.

Charles- Answer your phone the second you see this

Before I could think about what he was meaning his name appeared at the top of the screen with two very important buttons beside it. Answer. Decline. I looked up at the table full of anticipating eyes "Fuck what if he's heard the song?"

"Should you answer it?" Jade asked trying gauge the situation. Jesy had quickly put her two cents in "Luce answer it if he hears about the situation from you first hand you've got time to explain yourself"

I felt my body react before my mind could as I stood up, my hand was trembling as I pressed answer and held my phone up to my ear as I waited for him to speak first. After a few seconds I could hear the familiar sound of his voice "Luce?"