Chapter 21

Song for this chapter: I do by Astrid S (what a fucking tune by the way it's so Charlie and Luce coded 🪐)
A bit of a short chapter but I personally found it so cute to write
﹌﹌﹌

Song for this chapter: I do by Astrid S (what a fucking tune by the way it's so Charlie and Luce coded 🪐)           A bit of a short chapter but I personally found it so cute to write ﹌﹌﹌

Liked by 637,934 others
TMZ: Lucinda Stone seen arriving at the same restaurant as Charles Leclerc in Miami

View all 8384 comments

"You do realise the press are all over us right?"

As planned me and Charles had decided to meet at a restaurant downtown after his meetings. I'd spent the majority of the day FaceTiming the girls and surprisingly not one of them had caught onto my off putting mood. Though Leigh was more interested in what Lewis was doing then me. When I arrived at the restaurant the papz were onto me instantly and when Charles had arrived five minutes later they had started to connect the dots online.

Charles glanced around the restaurant, noticing a few people discreetly taking pictures and videos from tables in the distance. He sighed softly and took another sip of his whiskey "I know just try and act normal"

"So no playing footsies with me under the table?" I quickly asked with a grin. He glared at me from across the table and nodded his head towards the menu I had opened in my hands "shut up and look at what you want"

I pushed my lips together fighting back the biggest giggle. I was relieved to see me and Charles could still act like the friends we'd always had been. It was refreshing for both of us. Even if at times it were slightly awkward.

"Whatever you say"

"I'm serious Luce behave" he said with a smile.

My eyes widened in disbelief as I scoffed at him "that's rich coming from you" He gently kicked my leg under the table causing me to jump sending me into a fit of giggles "okay okay fine I'll stop"

Charles smirked at me causing my fit of laughter to abruptly stop, his eyes twinkled with amusement "I'm just warning you it'll be in your best interest to stop"

I rolled my eyes as the waitress approached the table taking our foods and drinks order. She was stunning, blonde, tall and had taken too much of an interest in Charles who seemingly was flirting right back with her. A small smile was dancing across his lips as she complimented him on his outfit. Which can I point out was just a basic day to day outfit. Talk about desperate. Anger was boiling in the pit of my stomach or was it jealous. Same thing right?

When she'd left Charles turned back to me as if it'd never happened "you done gawking?" I spat out as I ran my tongue over my teeth. He raised an eyebrow at me instantly clocking onto my sour mood "I'm not gawking" He spoke innocently "She was only giving me a compliment Luce"

"You need your head testing if you think that was just a compliment"

"Okay so what if it was more then a compliment, why you so irritated about it?"