"Said & Meant"

Metropolis

A smiling Clark Kent made his way up the stairs to his apartment. His night with Karen had been beyond anything he'd imagined. Part of him didn't want to leave and just spend the rest of the day in bed with her, but he'd made a promise. He unlocked his door and stepped inside to find Kara already dressed in jeans and a tee shirt sitting on the couch waiting. She had her knees pulled up to her chin and her arms wrapped around them. She didn't look happy.

"Morning, Kara." (She looks pissed.)

"Morning, Clark." (It's about time!)

"So why don't I change my cloths and we can go out for breakfast? Okay?" (She really looks pissed.)

"Shower first." (I can smell her on you. I don't want that stink to be reminding me all day of what you were doing.)

"Okay." (This should be an interesting day.)

Clark took a long shower, the hot water feeling glorious. His mind kept returning to the night before. It had just been amazing. He'd never imagined how being completely himself, without worry, would actually feel. Now that he'd experienced it, he wanted more. Pushing these thoughts aside, he focused on today. Today was Kara's day and hopefully, whatever that was bothering her they could talk about. He toweled off and put on a pair of jeans and a flannel shirt before walking back out to the living room.

"Better?" (I hope her mood has improved.)

"Yes." (At least I won't have to think about you and some bimbo while I eat.)

"So you hungry? My treat, anywhere you want to go." (Is she pissed because of the date? Maybe I can get her to talk to me over breakfast.)

"Yeah, I guess I could eat." (You're not going to buy me off that easy, Clark. I'm still mad at you!)

Kara picked one of the higher priced restaurants for their breakfast. A pleasant young hostess showed them to their seats. She smiled the whole time as she told them of the specials and handed them the menus.

"So enjoy your meals," the hostess said. (Only two of them and she's not his daughter. They don't look like brother and sister, either. Jeez, even the nice ones like them young.)

"Thank you," Clark replied, giving her a smile. (She seemed nice enough.)

"Yes, thank you." (Are you going to sleep with her too, Clark?)

Both Clark and Kara opened the menus and began to look at the offerings.

"Everything looks good," Clark offered. (Good and expensive.)

"I think I already know what I'm having," Kara said. (Definitely something from the pricey column.)

"Great." (I'm glad I brought extra money. I have a feeling this day is going to cost me big time.)

The waitress came over and smiled.

"Hi, I'm Linda and I'll be your waitress. Can I start you off with something to drink or do you know what you want?" (He's good looking. I like the glasses.)

"Kara, do you know what you want?" (This should be a good indication of how pissed she is.)

"Yes, I'll have a mocha caramel latte and the egg white omelet with shallots and portabella mushrooms. Oh, and a glass of orange juice." (I'd order something more, but I'm really not that hungry.)

"Excellent and for you sir? (She's kind of a snot, but he seems nice, so far.)

"I guess I'll try the chef's sampler, but could you make it a double order, please? I'm kind of hungry this morning. Oh, and coffee would be great too. Thanks Linda." (I could really eat about four of those I'm so hungry, but I don't want to look like a pig.)