Is it true?

Wendy had gone to her other place for the night, Rayne took a bubble bath then went to bed, Alexander and I tucked our boys into their beds.

"We need to talk about today," he said quietly as we finished cleaning the kitchen.

"How did recording go?" I said trying to change the subject. 

"Soph, I'm serious," he sighed. "Is it true?"

"Harry is in Europe, we've seen each other a couple times and we are not in a relationship," I gulped. 

Alexander stared at me; he wasn't sure I was telling him the whole story. I wasn't, but I also didn't feel he needed to know all the details. I wiped off the kitchen counter and turned back to him.

"I don't know what else to say," I said slowly. "I enjoy spending time with him, but he's at a completely different place in his life."

Alexander emptied the trashcan and placed the bag in the garbage chute. He grabbed a root beer from our refrigerator and sat on a barstool.

"We haven't had the need to talk about our future plans," he began. "What happens if your 'friendship' with Harry takes a turn? Are we going to divorce?"

I fought back tears. This was all too much for today...I knew it was something we would have to discuss, but it felt wrong. Harry and I had only spent time together three times. Neither of us put a label on it.

"I don't want to talk about this right now," I said. "But I can promise you that if it ever comes up, we will have the conversation. I could never surprise you with something like that."

He thought about it for a minute. "I would do exactly the same."

He stood up, walked over and rubbed my shoulder, then sauntered to the master suite. "Goodnight," he whispered as he shut the door.

I turned off the kitchen lights, went to my room, took a shower and put on my pajamas. I hopped into bed and turned on my iPad. I hadn't been on social media all day and I was worried about the situation earlier in the day.

Twitter was buzzing with news of the One Direction concert in Brussels. Apparently, a fan had thrown something at Louis and he had to leave the stage. When he returned, he had a small line of stitches above his right eyebrow. Poor guy.

I typed 'Harry Styles' into the search box and thousands of tweets popped up. I needed to narrow it down, so I typed 'Harry Styles affair' and held my breath as the results came across the screen.

There were photos of Harry with captions such as: "Harry With a Marry(Ed) Woman?", "Styles Secret Sex Rendezvous", and several more.

I clicked on the first article and gasped. A picture from when I was shopping with Rayne was smack dab in the middle of the column. Sophie Grant avoids questions about her secret relationship with Harry Styles, read the caption under my photo.

Fortunately, the media had no proof, just "information from a source close to the couple." I laughed at that sentence; never had I thought my face or name would be in the gossip columns. I exited that article and chose a random one further down in the results.

I quickly read through the "evidence" the magazine had and rolled my eyes. I scanned over the middle and then came across something that made my heart hurt. 

"Is this the love child of Harry and Sophie's Affair?" and directly below was a picture of Bas (from our outing at the Empire State Building). The reporter then started pointing out similarities between Bas and Harry - which were miniscule but blown way out of proportion. Curly hair, dimples, light colored eyes; basically anything that could be compared to anyone on the planet. The comments were horrid - mainly about me being a slut, or a horrible person for letting someone else raise Harry's child. There were a few comments defending Harry; if the child was his, he would be a great father and take responsibility.

I had no idea how to handle this. I started a direct message to Harry and told him all about the day's events. I had a strong desire to speak with him, so I asked him to call me if he had a free moment.

I logged off Twitter and began reading a book....I just couldn't get some of the comments off my mind.

Then it hit me, what if some of the accusations and information came from 'unknown number'?