Are you sure?

I had hardly slept. Harry was coming straight to my apartment once his plane landed. I changed clothes a dozen times. Nothing felt comfortable, nothing seemed to fit right. Frustrated and wearing yoga pants with an extra large 'i heart harry' shirt, I grabbed my water bottle to watch tv until he arrived.

The front door opened and closed, he removed his boots, then walked down the hallway.

"Finally," he said before kissing my lips and pulling me close.

"I missed you too."

"You ok?" He lifted my chin so our eyes met.

"I have something for you," I answered slowly handing him the envelope.

He looked at it and then shot me a questioning look. "Shall I open it now?"

I nodded and looked at the floor as he tore it open. He pulled out the card and saw the lab work results Margie had emailed over to me. At the bottom, I had written: Can't wait to meet you in about 33 weeks, daddy. Along with the date of my first prenatal appointment.

"Sophie," he said with a shaky voice. "Does this - am I - are we....?"

"Yes, you are going to be a daddy. As long as all goes well, our baby will be here around August," I replied finally looking into his tear filled eyes.

He reread the card. Then ran over and lifted me off the floor gently.

"Sophie, this is wonderful - OUR baby! Are you okay? Are you happy?" He beamed.

"I know this baby wasn't planned, but I am excited," I responded with tears streaming down my face.

"We are going to be parents - together!" He shouted. His hands held onto his head as if it was about to burst from joy.

"This calls for a celebration! I will order a pizza and we can watch movies and just relax. Oh my gosh, Sophie, I just can't believe it." He paced around the room glancing at the card to be sure it was real.

I sat on my couch collecting my thoughts. His happiness made my state of shock easier to deal with. I don't know why I doubted him even for a moment.

"When can we tell people?" He asked me.

"Typically, between 12-14 weeks - or the second trimester," I replied.

He picked me up and carried me to my bed. He covered my body in kisses- especially my belly.

"Hello, little one, I can't wait to meet you," he said into my belly button which made me smile.

"I love you, Harry," I said and pulled him in for a kiss.

Our kisses turned into more and we ended up making love two times before calling for pizza.

"I can't remember if I've ever felt this happy," he told me. "Sophie, I love you so much."

His arms wrapped tightly around me. I was nervous, but so relieved at the level of his excitement.

______