Get Right

I knew Sophie wasn't leaving me for Harry. We had been committed to each other for years and although the past couple were tough - I just shouldn't have said it.

I was embarrassed and I wanted to make it up to her, so offering to take the boys all day was the first step. I cleaned most of the apartment and had the maid service come first thing the morning. I checked my phone and had a text message.

John: Your EP is debuting at Number ONE on Apple Music. 

I reread the message ten times and smiled. Then I logged online to check it out - the reviews were great and I felt amazing. I tweeted to the fans and thanked them for their continuous support. I noticed pictures of Sophie and the boys popping up on my feed - they had stayed at a fancy hotel the past two nights....but the headline read: "Trouble in Paradise?" I read the first paragraph of the article.

Alexander Grant was out partying it up while wife packs up kids & nanny and heads to The Manhattan. Does this mean the rumors are true- is she leaving him to be with Harry Styles? A source close to the couple says that they have sought lawyers and are in the beginning stages of divorce. 

I turned off my tablet and set it down. How can we figure this out with the whole world watching? This was a strange predicament to be in. Amanda Roberson had suggested we come up with a visitation agreement on our own before mediation...I needed to talk to Sophie about that.

_____

At 11 am, the door opened and two little voices started yelling, "Daddy, we're home!" 

I smiled as I hurried from the kitchen to snatch my boys up into my arms. 

"It's so good to see you," I kissed the tops of their heads.

Wendy had scurried to her room and closed the door, Sophie had made her way back to her room to unpack. I took the boys to the playroom and turned on FIFA. We played a few games and then moved to Legos. Sophie walked by with a basket of laundry.

"Be right back guys," I said and was met with annoyed faces.

I followed her into the laundry closet. "Sophie, please know how sorry I am..."

"I do," she replied putting Lennon's shirt in the washer.

"I just- this just- well, it's been really hard on me."

"I know," she looked at me. "Me too."

"I thought we would always be together."

"Me too," she was holding back tears.

I looked at the floor and scratched the back of my neck. She started the washer and put the basket on top of the machine, then turned to face me.

"The thing is, we both know it's ridiculous to stay married if we aren't happy," she said in more of a question.

I stared at the woman I had loved for over 10 years....where did things go wrong? I wanted to hug her and tell her everything would be alright - she needed that reassurance occasionally. Instead, I nodded my head. 

We walked toward the playroom and Sophie told me that she was going shopping and would be back later.

"Take all the time you need," I answered honestly.

"Thank you," she said going to her room.

I asked the boys if they wanted to go see a movie; of course they did, so I called for a private car and a guard to escort us to the theater. My plan was to take the boys & Sophie to the zoo at some point during this break - I knew they would be excited for that surprise.