Dreams

Thanksgiving was nice - people were thrilled about One Direction performing in the parade and learning their Christmas album was to be released on Black Friday. The boys spent time with Alexander and his family who came to town. Harry and I had a quiet dinner and binged on Netflix. My mom called to wish us a Happy Thanksgiving and said she was excited to spend Christmas with us in a few weeks.

Harry and my mother had gotten along well during her visit, so we had spent most of the weekend exploring New York City. His charming personality won her over. She cried when she had to leave and texted as soon as she landed; telling us how much she already missed us.

My birthday fell on a Sunday in early December and it was a weekend that Alexander had the boys. Harry planned a romantic weekend at The Manhattan, so we spent Friday night eating dinner in our room, making love, and watching old films.

"Shall we watch Casablanca?" I asked as Citizen Kane ended.

"Sure," Harry answered then changed the movie selection.

"You haven't mentioned your clothing line in a while," I said casually.

"Well, it's been picked up by Macy's actually," he grinned widely.

"Harry! Why didn't you tell me?!?" I shrieked and jumped into his arms.

"Well, we've been quite busy and I wanted to be sure," he shrugged. "The advertisement will be released a week before Christmas. We are hoping it brings in good sales."

"Aw, I'm so excited for you!" I squealed, clapping my hands. "Will you be in the commercial?"

He smirked and looked at floor, then nodded his head yes.

"Ooooooh! Yay!"

He beamed. 

"Does your family know?"

"Nope, just you, my love," he kissed my cheek.

We held hands during the movie. I just wanted to kiss him again and again. I was so proud. 

_______

On Saturday, I awoke to a beautiful bouquet of flowers on the dresser, my favorite coffee on the nightstand, pancakes in bed, and a beautiful diamond necklace complete with my birthstone. There was a handwritten card next to the coffee.

Happiest of birthdays, my love.

H.

I wondered where he was, but found him on the couch sipping tea and reading the newspaper. 

"Good morning," I said kissing his cheek.

"Hello," he smiled.

"You spoil me."

"You deserve it."

I kissed his lips and stole a sip of his tea. 

"You don't like your coffee?" He asked.

"Your tea looks delicious," I responded.

"Alright, well, are you looking forward to shopping today?" 

"Yep."

"And a carriage ride through Central Park?" 

I glanced at him - he was serious.

"Won't it be too cold for the horses?"

"Of course not. Everyone will be ok," he replied and kissed my cheek. "No hurry, but we should probably get going soon. It's almost noon already."

____

Charles escorted us from the building to the car. We hit all my favorite stores, did some Christmas shopping, then enjoyed a nice lunch at Jekyll & Hyde Club. 

As the sun started to set, we went back to the hotel to change into warmer clothes. Harry decided to 'help' take my skirt off, which led to us making love on the bed and in the shower. I giggled at the thought while pulling my jeans up. 

"Sorry," he said from the other side of the room. "I wanted to rip that skirt off when the lights dimmed at lunch."

"Well, thank you for waiting," I teased him.

He zipped up his suede coat, pulled a hat over his locks, handed me a nice pair of leather gloves and then put his own on his hands. Once we were bundled, Harry phoned Charles.

_______

The carriage ride was gorgeous. Of course, we were hounded by paparazzi. Harry had brought blankets for us in case the temperature dropped too much for which I was thankful when I started to get a chill.

"Thank you so much, babe," I squeezed his hand and kissed his lips.

"I love you, Sophie."

______

After the ride was over, Carl took us to Rockefeller Center where we sat near the tree, drank hot chocolate, and watched people ice skate. 

"Do you like ice skating?" I asked him.

"Not particularly," he answered.

"I haven't been in a long time," I said. "Maybe we could take the boys after Christmas?"

"Sure."

I looked up from my drink to his face. Something was bothering him.

"Are you ok?"

"I'm fine. Are you getting cold? It's nearing eleven."

I looked at my phone only to realize he was right and it was later than I thought.

"Yes, let's get back to the hotel." 

_____

I showered, changed into my pajamas, then settled in bed. Miracle on 34th Street was on, so I chose to watch while Harry showered. 

______

"Sophie, would you like some French toast?" Harry's voice woke me from a deep sleep.

Beautiful horses and farms passed my eyes as I opened them to the hotel room. 

"What time is it?" I asked groggily.

"It's close to ten," he answered. "Happy birthday!"

He then broke into the Happy Birthday song as I tried to wake up. I couldn't believe I had fallen asleep before he even got out of the shower AND then slept so late. 

"Thank you," I said when he finished. "French toast sounds wonderful."

He reached over and started feeding me bites of my birthday breakfast. Between bites, he told me about his dreams.

"Do you ever dream about us?" I asked, my curiosity getting the best of me.

"What about us specifically?" 

"Our future."

"No dreams, but I do think about it," he answered. "Can you believe we've been seeing each other for almost 9 months?"

"Crazy," I responded, looking out the window as I thought about my dreams. Harry moved across the bed.

"Sophie, I love you. I literally cannot imagine spending my life with anyone else. Be my wife?"

I dropped my fork and stared into his eyes. He opened the little box in his hand with a pop. The diamond inside was round and the band was lined with round stones. It sparkled as the sun came through the window.

I was speechless.