Raven Hair

Charles was standing by the entrance awaiting my arrival. He greeted me and pushed me past the paparazzi. A few of them shouted questions at me, but nothing out of the ordinary.

"How are you?" Charles asked in the elevator.

I glanced at him to gauge on which level he was asking. I was nervous and still unsure of how to approach this situation with Harry. I finally answered, "I'm alright."

The doors opened and most of the lights were off. I removed the long jacket keeping my body warm.

"You're here," his smooth voice cooed with a smile. "And wow, you look incredible."

I blushed and looked at my feet. "Harry, we need to talk about today-"

"Come here," he interrupted excitedly. He then grabbed my hand and pulled me out onto the balcony that happened to be well-lit.

Sitting at the table was a lovely woman with black hair and strikingly beautiful eyes; directly across from her, a blonde - the one from the theater.

"Hello, Sophie! So lovely to finally meet you," the raven haired woman said standing. "Please call me Anne."

My heart pounded in my chest as I realized who the blonde was- his sister, Gemma. And here I was standing in front of the two most important women in Harry's life wearing something I normally would if it was just a night for the two of us.

I opened my arms to meet Harry's mother for a hug. Feeling guilty, embarrassed and wanting to crawl into a hole, I greeted Gemma with a big smile. She stood up and hugged me as well.

"Happy to see you again," she nodded. "A lot less noise this time."

We chuckled remembering that night at the club. "Seems like ages ago," I sighed.

Charles had snuck onto the balcony and wrapped my jacket around me.

"I thought you might get a chill," he explained with a wink.

"Oh, thank you," I smiled gratefully.

Charles said goodbye to all of us and left the apartment. Harry opened a bottle of champagne and poured each of us a glass.

"Should you be drinking?" Gemma demanded with a serious tone. "I didn't think alcohol was good for babies."

My eyes widened and I coughed as I choked on the swig of the bubbly beverage. Internally, I commanded my body to swallow and regain composure, suddenly the three of them burst into laughter.

"You should've seen your face!" Harry wailed.

"Gotta love those paps!" Gemma shrieked.

Anne grinned, "sorry, honey, we've read so many stories through the media - it's hard not to laugh at them. Just for shits and giggles."

For a moment, I stared at them, then started laughing right along. Funny, I thought.

"I now see where Harry gets his sense of humor," I joked.

They laughed again and Anne broke out into the story of being pregnant with Harry. I listened intently and found myself growing quite fond of her. Gemma cut her off to explain her bouts of jealousy when Harry first arrived.

These three had an amazing bond and I felt special to be a part of this visit. They were funny, kind and had a lot of love for one another.

"Where are your boys?" Anne asked breaking me from my thoughts.

"Oh, um, with their father," I answered.

"I would love to meet them," she said, almost in the form of a question.

"Me too!" Gemma whispered loudly. "This one gushes about them all the time."

I looked at Harry who smiled nicely at his sister. "Because they're great. And I'm sure we can arrange that."

I love you, Harry Styles. I'm sorry I doubted you today. I know why I've fallen for you.

_______

We cleaned up our dishes and Charles came back into the apartment.

"Ready to go, ladies?" he asked them.

"Yes." They replied.

We decided that Anne & Gemma would meet the boys the next day, before they left to visit the beach on Monday.

"My car will pick you up from the hotel, of course, Charles will escort you," Harry explained to them. "Sophie lives about 15 minutes from the hotel - well, depending on traffic."

"Got it," Anne kissed his cheek. "Goodnight, Harry. Night, Sophie."

"Goodnight," I returned with a smile. "So very nice to meet you."

I hugged Gemma and they left.

_____

"Will you please take off the jacket?" Harry moaned. "Then we can chat about whatever you wanted to earlier."

I giggled and pulled the jacket off.

"You look amazing," he told me.

"As do you, Mr. Styles," I moved toward him and tugged gently at his curls.

He licked his lips and ran his hands from my shoulders down to my hips.

"Why on earth did you wear this to dinner though?" he laughed.

I kissed his lips and then his jawline.

"I thought you found someone else," I admitted and turned my face away.

"What do you mean?"

"I saw pictures of you with a beautiful young blonde...obviously I didn't recognize Gemma with her new hair color."

Plain and simple, I was embarrassed.

"But Sophie, I love you," he whispered pulling my face toward his.

I looked into his eyes.

"I love you, too."