This one's a hit...

I wrote a song. It was about her. It was about me. It was about our failed marriage.

I was in the studio with the band when I played it for them. I hadn't seen them or Sally so excited in a long time. We were planning to record our first studio album in about a month. 

Grey and Mickey joined in by the third verse and we found the perfect rhythm and harmony for this song. I believed it would strike a nerve for most people as they'd be able to relate in many ways. It was a heavy, yet real song.

"Guys, this will be a hit," Sally clapped as we finished the last note. "Let's do a practice run in the booth. Marshall, please make this happen."

Marshall was our new engineer. He was a younger guy who seemed to have a similar taste in music. The band and I recorded a rough copy and made our way through two more.

Once we were finished for the day, I called Gigi and planned to meet her at the coffee shop around the corner. I thought about telling her about my new song, but decided against it when I realized she might not be too thrilled. My phone buzzed in my pocket as I walked out of the building. Sophie.

"Hey," I answered.

"Alexander, I was thinking about inviting Harry with us for Christmas," she sounded nervous.

"I assumed he would be there with you anyway, to be honest," I admitted.

"Oh, ok," she said. "You're ok with that? We will rent our own place by the beach. The boys will be with you and your family for Christmas Eve?"

I hadn't even thought about that. We'd always spent holidays together. I suppose, it made sense to keep it that way since we did it that way normally.

"Yes," I made a mental note to call my mom.

"Good, glad that's settled," she sighed. "Is Gigi joining you?"

"Erm, um, I," I stuttered.

"I'm sorry, I was just asking. None of my business really, but I think your family would really like her."

I was quiet while I thought about how to bring it up to Gigi. 

"Ok, then, I will talk to you soon," she said and ended the call.

________

Sophie POV

I invited Harry over for dinner to meet my mother and was a nervous wreck. 

"Sophie? The boys want to show me their new video game, how would I set this up?" My mom asked as she entered the kitchen.

I was stirring the bolognese sauce when I glanced over and smiled at Manuela. She stopped peeling carrots and walked toward the family room.

"Are you excited to meet Harry?" I asked her hesitantly.

She sat on a bar stool before she answered, "you seem very happy, Soph. So do the boys. I'm sure Harry is a wonderful man. I just can't figure out what happened between you and Alexander. Rayne tells me that I don't need to understand, but...."

I looked at her, "but, what?"

"I always wanted the fairy tale ending for you. I was caught completely off guard by this. I'm sorry."

"This was between Alexander and myself. We wanted to try and work it out, but it just didn't feel right. He is a great guy and I'm so lucky he is the boys' father. I needed more in my life. This arrangement is much healthier for all four of us."

"And you love Harry?" She asked gently.

"Very much so," I answered without hesitation.

"Do you think you'll ever marry him?"