You Booze, You Lose

It was midnight and I was finishing up some paperwork for my attorney. Alexander's promo tour had finished yesterday and they had been due home at some point today. Honestly, I hadn't spoken to Alexander much since we had the talk. 

I put the paperwork on my nightstand, picked up my iPad, checked my email and logged on to Twitter. I clicked on Alexander's name and noticed he was tagged in quite a few pictures - one in particular caught my eye; he was spotted at Planet Hollywood in town just a few hours ago. 

I picked up my phone to call him, but heard our apartment door open and close. Things started crashing to the floor, so I jumped off my bed and ran to the front hall. He was leaning against the wall, his belongings scattered at his feet. 

"There's my wife," he slurred loudly. "Well, soon to be ex...." He cracked himself up at that one.

"Alexander, you're being too loud - the boys are sleeping," I warned quietly. "Please go clean yourself up, then go to bed and I will get your stuff off the floor."

"You can't tell me what to do," he growled.

Wendy exited her room and tiptoed past us to check on the boys. 

"You are drunk," I said. "I don't want the boys to see you like this."

He scowled then grumbled, "don't worry, I'm moving out soon."

"We can't discuss this while you're in this state," I whispered. "Get yourself together and we will talk tomorrow."

He kicked a bag of shoes across the floor toward the family room. I could see the hurt in his face, which really hurt me. 

"You're leaving me for a pop star- a boy band singer," he hissed.

"Please keep your voice down," I begged, then added, "We are divorcing so you and I can be happy."

He rolled his eyes, stomped to his room and slammed the door. Wendy had gone to the kitchen so, after picking up Alexander's mess, I joined her. 

She glanced at me and asked if we should take the boys somewhere for the night. I thought about it for a minute and nodded my head. She packed herself an overnight bag, I packed one for myself and then we packed one for the boys.

I left aspirin and a note for Alexander on the counter - asking him to call when he was sober and in a better state, I phoned Rodney and asked him to get us a cab. We woke the boys and left the apartment. I called The Manhattan from the taxi and booked a suite for us.

___________

The next morning I received a text.

Harry: Are you ok? 

Me: Yes, took the boys and Wendy out for the night.

Harry: Call me later.

I put my phone away, then called room service from the hotel phone to order breakfast. The boys woke up around 9am - which was late for them. They begged me to let them take a bubble bath before breakfast, I filled the tub and put them in. I heard Wendy grab a water bottle so I called for her. 

"Can you answer the door for room service when it gets here?" I asked.

"Sure," she said with a concerned look.

I smiled reassuringly and she left the room as there was a knock on the door. I got the boys out and dressed so we could enjoy a breakfast on the balcony.

My phone buzzed, so I answered without looking at the screen.

"Hello?"

"Sophie, why are you at the Manhattan?" It was Harry.