Chapter 16

Here I was walking down the same street . The street I ran down when I found out Dallas burned on me . I always find myself in the same place .

I was confused and tired .

What about him couldn't love me ? I wondered. I just couldn't go to school or talk to the gang . I needed time to think and be alone.

I arrived home late going to sleep .

I woke up the next morning and went downstairs to see Vincent, my mom & dad around the table .

I thought I was in trouble for coming home late or something .

Did I do something I asked .
No dumb ass it's breakfast Vincent began yappin his mouth .

Vincent was amazing looking I couldn't believe I was related to such a hunk .

Will you shut up ? I answered rolling my eyes . I saw a plate with toast , egg and bacon .

Did you make this mom ? I voiced a little emotional . She was starting to be a mom again.

Yeah she said giving a heartfelt smile. Thank you I replied .

Later that day

I lied to my dad and mom and told them I was going to school. I was just cutting konk class . I just had to think. I hide out at some old park .

While reading a book I saw Vincent coming towards me . He was wearing those stupid sunglasses .

"Vincent? What --" . I never took you as a skipper he joked sitting . How the hell did you know I was here ? I asked surprised .
Something told me that you were going through something he admitted .

Oh , you figured out my boy crazy life ? I announced . Why do you care ? I added suspiciously.

Your my sister from another pops he stated rubbing my boyish haircut . Janet from what I've seen you've been through hell in this fucking place , it's ok to take a break and be free but don't take it too far because you never know what your gonna miss or regret he advised hugging me .

I started tear up . Thank you I needed that I fabricated . I love you sis he said getting up and leaving .

He was right I deserved to be selfish all those times I cried and helped and last but not least love . Love probably the most beautiful and ugly feeling in the world.

When I got home later I packed my bag with books , 300 dollars I saved from work and clothes . I tip toed downstairs and I saw Vincent looking at me .

I was completely numb .

I have to go and relax for a while .

He tossed me his key . Better not have a scratch on it he told .

Bye I said softly.
I saw the beautiful sunset and thought of Dallas , Johnny , Pony , Darry , Soda , Two bit , Steve and how much it hurt to leave them behind . Good Bye Guys

Good bye to Tulsa , Oklahoma .

" Stay Gold ✨"

A/N: This was a short chapter . I can't tell you how amazing it's been to write this & it's sad to think in while it will end ;( .

Read my new book ; http://w.tt/1C7xbrU " Love , Fucking & Other Things "