Chapter 20

Dallas POV

I woke up to see the gang and Janet crying .

Stop crying babe I said rubbing my eyes . Dallas your awake she said hugging me tightly making my bruised ribs hurt.

Ow shit man , you can't squeeze me tight jan I warned gently pushing her off .

Suddenly I felt a slap across my face it was Janet .

What the fuck was that for ? I asked rubbing my face .

You could've died you dick she quaked .

I'm fine jan I spoke kissing her .

Get a room you two two bit budded in . Shut the hell up I mouthed still kissing Janet .

I love you  I told Janet .

Janet POV

Later

Dallas was bruised and bloody I hated seeing him in that state.
The gang went home to get cleaned up I was still in the room with Dallas he was sleeping like a baby.

He started to move around like he was waking up.

"Hey " I whispered .

Hey Beautiful he smiled with his black eye. I laughed.

How you feeling babe ? I asked concerned .

I'm Fine I could take a hit thats why Im with you, why don't you go to the curtis house He suggested .

"Why " I said raising an eye brow. I just don't want you in the hospitial too much he insisted .

I guess I'll go , you be good I told kissing him on the forehead.

I wondered why he wated me to go so bad . As I was leaving I visited johnny's old room , no one wasn't in the room which was surprising because this was a hospital . I could imagine Johnny laying on the bed saying his last words to me . I also saw his book "Gone With The Wind" I took it up and two letters fell out of it . They were marked "To Janet " and one said "To Pony" . I didn't know qhat to think . He told me to take these and read them but I couldn't I just couldn't . I had to find a way to tell pony .

At The Curtis House

I walked in seeing the gang in their daily routine .

Why you not with dal ? soda questioned. He kinda wanted time alone I responed . I saw pony sitting down watching the boob tube and I knew I had to tell him.

Pony? I called. Yeah he answered .

Come outside I told. He could tell by the the look in my eyes that I had to say something important, I dunno why but we were always able to speak with just our eyes.

He followed me outside to the porch . What's going on he asked worried .

its johnny I spoke looking at the book in my hand.

He had a blank look in his face he turned pale. Gggggggoooooo on he stammered
blinking repeatedly

He left us letters I explained handing him the letter with a tear forcefully rolling down my check.

I can't read this  Janet he revealed looking at me painfully . He didn't even get to live he added .

We'll read it together when we're ready I replied holding his hand . Thanks Janet he answered looking me into the eyes .

I shoved the two letters in my pocket following pony back inside. It didn't feel complete inside the house .

So what do you say about catching a flick tongiht for old sake ? two bit asked . Yeah I'd like soda buddded in.