Chapter 7

I was running and panting hard. I couldn't believe what my eyes saw , I was running till I couldn't see them kissing anymore. I wasn't having any luck with that I was out of breath.I stopped to catch my breath.

Are you okay I heard an unfamiliar voice say . Yeah I'm having a gas I answered sarcastically .

I know you your that smart girl in my class . I turned around to see a soc with a madra and with green eyes , he had the cutest face and dark brown hair no hair gel of course .

What are you doing on this side of town I asked surprised. This was an ungodly hour , I have no idea why he would be on the streets especially here.

Janet that's your name and I like taking walks here to clear my head he replied.

Here? I'm sure on the west side its fancy for you to take walks I blathered .

Geez , you guys don't think it's rough all over even for us rich kids he burst out. I never thought about that or how they might feel sometimes about life , I being was so closed minded .

I'm sorry , I didn't get your name I apologized. It's Ricky he said scratching his head.

Want me to walk with you I offered . Yeah I'd like that he hurled back.

I felt bad for him .

So what were you running from the fuzz he cracked. No , my boyfriend burned on me tonight I confided holding I'm my tears.

His eyes widened with shock.I'm sorry bout that , you ok? he asked concerned.

I loved him and that happened I just don't what to do or say yenno I told him.

Well who was that cat he conversed . Dallas Winston I told.

No good dally? We talk bout him all the time where I'm from , he's been in the cooler 3 times he's not a good guy .Plus he has a reputation of breaking hearts he stated .

Yeah , I thought we had something I really did I voiced. If I ever got with a fly girl like you I would never break your heart or make you cry he commented smiling.

I never noticed Ricky till now he looked like he was sweet , he proves that not every soc was mean .They could be nice.

Thanks I gushed smiling back. Did you and your buddies ever jump greasers? I added .

No , that's my older brother bob he can be real mean when he wants too but he he has nice side I promise he declared .

Well he jumped me and my buddy awhile ago I acknowledged

I'm sorry bout that but I had nothing to do with it I would never hurt you he expressed .

Well I gotta go now I said . Bye Janet he said.

That one conversation with him made me feel much better. But tomorrow I had to face the gang and Dally at the gas station on my shift I wasn't ready at all if anything I was sacred. I loved him still I may be acting like a idiot stick.

Next Saturday

It was Saturday and I was working my shift at the gas station. I haven't spoken to dally for a week now , I wondered what he was doing or if he was even think about me. Probably not , I was just some girl to him. That blonde broad sure has a lot of nerve kissing up on him like that .

Janet, you okay soda asked. Yeah just thinking I answered.

I'm sorry bout dally , if it means anything I thought you would have lasted with him he consoled .

I did too but it didn't , don't worry bout it I avowed .

Turn them tunes up Steve said dancing to "The Who by My Generation "