Chapter 1

As we drove past the "Steak n Shake" I realized we were in the east side of Oklahoma , Tulsa .
"Almost there honey" , my dad said looking at me with a heartfelt smile .
I smiled and stared out the window. He hasn't been the same since mom bailed on us , I remember him crying for almost five months straight. It hurted him real bad .
Me on the other hand could care less that she left us , I mean it hurt bad at the moment but I learned to cope with it , one of us gotta be strong.

So dad I'm thinking bout getting a job down here "
No , I want you to be a teenager he said . "But Im fine honestly I wanna help out "
He smiled and said "Just like your mother".
No Im not I said angry. Sorry he replied .
I never liked being compared to my mother , it made me think I would follow in her footsteps .

20 minutes later
We pulled up to a small raggedy looking house. It was rusty white and it looked wooden. We had the best looking house in this neighborhood . As we stepped out the car I saw ankle biters in the road . It was sunny and the teenage kids were mowing there lawns. I took my little tote-bag and slam the car door shut.

This is home he vocalized optimistic . Really I uttered.
Even though we weren't the richest I expected something better than this I thought this was horrible .
As I got into the house the living room already was furnished with low classed furniture of course. The couch had a hole in it and when I touched it dust came off it . The light was broken and didn't work. I looked over and saw the t.v. and tried to turn It on the channels worked perfectly. Thank god I mumbled to myself. It looks like the family who lived here just ditched this place. I went upstairs and saw my rusty iron bar bed , it still had sheet on it but of course it was covered with dust. I saw cobwebs in the corner of the wall and the wall were cream and it looked stained . I started unpacking the little stuff I had into the wood dresser.

"This isn't so bad" .
Yah bad is an understatement I barked.
I swear it will get better , why don't you do explore the neighborhood he answered with a weak smile.
"Ok ". I got changed into a t-shirt and jean short.
Bye I said.

I walked out to the hot sun shining on me in broad daylight . As soon as I walked down the steps a girl with sandy blonde hair and piercing blue eyes came up to me . " Hey" , she said smiling .
Hi I answered. I'm Jenny you? she replied putting out her hand.
I'm Janet I said accepting her hand shake.
Jenny was dressed in a leather jacket and shorts .She had long blonde hair. I cut mine cause it was hard to manage.
So , you new here? she inquired . Yeah just moved here I said blocking the sun from my eye.
You'll get used to the weather she said smiling.

We started walking around the neighborhood.
So you a greaser ? she asked.
What's that I said . Well there are soc's and greaser's , soc's live on the west side and are the rich bitches while we live on the east side being poor she explained.
I guess I'm greaser cause I sure ain't rich.
Greaser ? I said unconfident.
"That's right ".
As we reached around another block she started showing me houses.
That right there is the Curtis House she said pointing. Ive had a crush on Two-Bit for years she blabbed.
I looked over and saw seven boys smoking kools and drinking booze . They were laughing and joking around.
That's sodapop Curtis he's just the cutest thing ever she said
That Ponyboy Curtis the youngest one and he is as cute as soda pop
Darry Curtis the muscle , hunky one.
Two bit Matthew she said blushing.
Johnny Cade the lonely one.
Steve Randall is the workaholic.
And no good Dallas Winston.
I had to say they were all handsome and had so much gel in their hair .
Are they greasers too ? I asked. "Yah"
As we walked pass them the boys called to Jenny. She waved back and smiled.
Who's the fly broad a voice said to Jenny.

I turned around and saw a boy with dark hair and a weed in his mouth. It was the one Jenny said was Dallas.
Who are you talking to I said getting frost.

You he said with a smirk winking at me .

Im not a broad you asshole I claimed rolling my eyes.
Every girl is a broad He said standing up and walking to me.
Well Im not I said not finking out from him
He exhaled the smoke of his cigarette and blowing it in my face.
I started coughing and I slapped him in the face as hard as I could. You bitch he yelled about to punch me as I flinched.
Dallas Johnny said holding his fist. Johnny and Steve took him back into the house. I'm sorry Darry said .
"It's fine "
Anything we could do to make up for that he said sincere
No I said giving a side smile . " Are you ok" jenny blurted
"Yah". We walked home .
Wanna hit the Movie tomorrow night she said .
Sure I said waving bye