Chapter 5

Bye yall I said waving to Soda and Steve.

You sure you don't need a ride home they asked. Fine I said similig.

I got into steves truck and I sat in the middle between steve and sodapop.

Ya'll ready steve asked . Just move the damn thing soda answered laughing.

Those two acted like brothers I can tell they known each other since grade school.

How you like it down here soda asked. It's fine I guess , Im getting the hang of it I replied.

We all know why she likes it down here so much steve joked. Cause Of Dally soda singed.

Shut up both of you I said flusterd.  We pulled up to the Curtis House.

I walked out. Janet you did a hell of a job today soda said.

The curtis always looked grungy and dirty but I wasn't surprised it was the best looking house in this neighbor hood I was kinda fond of this place since New York kinda looked like this but a little better.

I walked into the house and saw Johnny and Pony sitting on the old couch watching Mickey on the boob tube (T.v.) .

Hey busters soda said rubbing in johnny and pony's greasy hair. I never understood why they wore so much grease in their hair, maybe I didn't understand cause I was new to this greaser thing.

Hey pony and johnny I waved smiling . Hey janet they said in unison.

Where's two-bit steve asked pushing back his hair. That leaner is out with jenny pony replied . Those two start hanging out in public soda clucked.

Yeah beats me how she can stand that cat johnny yakked .

Before I could speak dally walked through the door my heart started beating a little faster. Well guys it's getting pretty late Im gonna go I said nervously.I don't know why but my instincts told me to leave .

Oh, c'mon your leaving already dally said with his cocky smile. Yah , later guys I said flustered.

I'll  walk you home he said lighting a weed. Yah , that would be nice I said smiling.

"Janet and Dally sitting on the tree"

"K-I-S-S-I-N-G"

The gang started singing and laughing. Will you guys grow up dally said smiling and getting red  as he walked outside.

Finally we're alone I quppied . Yah that means I could do this he said hold my hand as tigh as he could .

My hand squeezed back. So , how was your first day on the job he asked trying to start a conversation while exhaling the smoke.

Am I hearing right Dallas Winston wants to know about my day I jeered.

Just answer the question he said. It was nice , I really like seeing all of them cars I replied.

 It takes me back to the days I used to smile and actually be happy I added.

Aren't you happy here he asked. Of course you and the gang are make me really happy I addmitted.

I bet I make you real happy he beamed . Oh , and how do you know this I asked.

Because of this he leaned in about to kiss me . Easy tiger I said putting my finger on his lips  and leaning back.

Are you woofin' me he remarked. You don't get to touch these lips until you give me a good first date I chided.

Your a real trip you know that he boomed. No , Im  not I'm just not a broad I said walking to my house .

Remember tomorrow at the park he said walking away .

Sunday Morning

I woke up and stared at the beautiful sun beaming, then I got up and rubbed my eyes .

I could hear the kitchen pan popping . That probably was my dad trying to cook breakfast lord knows he was a horrible cook.Runny eggs and burnt toast , mom was the one who did all the cooking and cleaning but she ain't here to do it now .

I went downstairs and saw my dad putting the runny eggs and  crisp toast  on a orange plate.

Good morning pops I said smiling . Hey , honey I was gonna take this upstairs for you he voiced.

Thanks but I think I'll eat cereal I said kissing him on the cheek. He laughed , "I never was the cook your mom was ".

Can we not talk about her I said getting the milk. She's still your mother Janet he nagged.

Well she decided to leave us , doesn't really make her a good mother does it I spat a little ticked.

He sighed, " How's was work ". It was great I said getting Crispy Critters from the cupboard.

I'm glad your getting to know the place he said giving me a tired smile. Yah it's ok I agreed.

I gotta clean all this stuff up he chatted. No dad I'll do it , you go upstairs and get rested I said eating my cereal.

He couldn't go a day with out talking about her like she's coming back. Sure I missed her but I could never forgive her for leaving her family so she could be with another man that wasn't my father.

Sunday Night

I was getting ready to go out with Dallas . I wore a red sleeveless shift dress with wedges.I brushed my hair but I couldn't style any way cause it was short.

I went outside and went down the porch stairs , I saw johnny waiting for me.His eye widenend when he saw me coming.

Hey Johnny I beamed. Hey he burst out .

What's the matter you look like you saw a ghost I said . You sure look pretty in that dress that's all he complimented.

Thanks I hope dally thinks that I confided to him . I bet he will johnny clucked.

I'm just here to take you to the park he said walking with me . You and dally seem close I said changing the channel (change the topic)

Well ever since he go out the cooler we've been real tight he answered. I bet you look up to him I replied.

I wasn't surprised when he said dally spent time in the cooler he was naturally a bad kid.

Yah I do but in a big brother way he told. We started to see the park and I saw dally standing there wearing a dress shirt and his leather pants.

Hey gorgeous dally said coming to me and hugging me tight. You don't look so bad yourself I said hugging back.

Alright johnny thanks but get the fuck outta here He joked.

Later I waved. The park was filled with lights .

Like it he asked grabbing my hand. Yah looks nice I said following him.

He took me to a picnic blanket that had pizza and coke on it .

My favorite food , how'd you know I said keyed.  Pony told me he said rubbing his hair.

You did all of this for me I asked surprised but mostly swept of my feet. Yeah he said .

Wanna eat he asked . Yes I'm starving you ? I blabbed .

Sure hand me slice he said. I can't believe we're here I said handing him the slice.

Why he said with question. Cause you were such a dick on our first date I said putting my finger through his hair .

I'm sorry for that he said leaning in for a kiss.  I puckered up my lips and kissed back . When our lips met I felt fireworks and explosions.

I knew when he stopped that I didn't have no ordinary crush on him I was in love and I was gonna hide it cause Dallas wasn't in love with me.

So tell me something I asked. Well I've been in the cooler 3 times he clucked .

You are nothin' but trouble Dallas I said . Yah , I hear that a lot he laughed .