✶18 ✶

It's been a few months since Y/N has last seen the demon and the slayers.

Aqua and Ruby had started preschool, too.

Tanjiro would send letters to her, which made her happy to know they were to okay.

Y/N and Ai were talking while making their way to the dance room. They both saw Ruby fall.

Ai turned the light on.

"Oh?"

Y/N quickly  ran to Ruby, helping her up. Ai then went over too.

"Are you practicing for dance? We can dance together, if you'd like. You, Y/N, and me! We'll be performing an old song, and it'll be Y/N's first concert with us." Ai smiled.

Ai played the music soundtrack on her on her phone while her and Y/N started to dance.

Ruby sat on a cushion behind them, watching. "Mama, you messed up your choreography."

Y/N and Ai turned around letting out a "Huh?" at the same time.

"During a different performance, your hand was higher. It has to be higher, Oba your hand has to be higher!" Ruby urged, gesturing for them to hold their hands higher.

"Awww, that's so sweet! She's paying attention." Y/N cooed.

In Y/N's eyes, Ruby and Aqua could do no wrong. They could go on a killing spree and she'd still defend them with her life.

Ai rubbed Ruby's head "Do you remember how it went?"

"Well, your arm was high and then you did a twir- woah!

Ruby then fell.

"Uh-oh! Are you alright?" Y/N asked, crouching down to look at Ruby, as did Ai.

"Yes..." She muttered.

"Ruby... when you dance... it's like you're prepared to fall at any moment." Ai said, making Y/N nod.

There were now tears in Ruby's eyes.

"You shouldn't be afraid. Because then... you're most likely gonna fall every time." Y/N said as Ai picked up Ruby.

"Be confident, dear. Stand with your chest out. You have to trust mama and oba, okay?" Ai smiled.

•••

Ruby continued to practice dancing all night. Aqua watched as she did.

'Not only is this girl good at acting, she can dance as well. Her mother gave her good looks as well. The thought I had just now... is kinda scary...'

•••

"Hehe, you should have some! You should celebrate, you're even more famous now!" Mr. Saito said in his drunken state, flinging his cup of alcohol around carelessly.

"Wow, that's a moriizo!" Y/N and Ai said in sync.

"Nope! Ai and Y/N only turn 20 next week!" Miyako said, snatching the bottle away from her husband.

"The drama Ai stars in is getting more and more publicity! Everyone wants to collaborate with B-Komachi, too! And we get to perform at a dome next week!"

"He's in a really good mood." Y/N said.

"Well, he's always dreamed that an idol he managed got to perform at a dome. His staff share the same dream." Miyako smiled.

"Are domes really all that?" Ai asked.

"Well, they're really better than any normal stage. It takes a lot of work to get booked. You can't even pay yourself in, talent is what counts." Miyako explained.

Ai and Y/N looked at each other and smiled.

"Also Ai, try not to be stupid and meet with their dad." Mr. Saito said.

"Of course!" Ai smiled, but Y/N's intuition told her that something wasn't right...