✶19✶

Y/N was happy. Happy for real this time. She had a sister, a nephew, and a niece. The family she never knew she needed.

It's been four years, Y/N was turning 20. She missed the slayers, wondering why where they had been. She was worried, but she calmed down when she saw Tanjiro visit her a few days ago.

Four years... and they had been tracking down the upper moons and someone named Kibustuji.

Y/N walked slowly, savoring every second of her walk. But she saw this shady looking man. He held a bouquet of white roses.

He stared at her "Ai?"

"Hehe, no. It's Y/N." She smiled.

"Y/N... I'm a fan." He said.

"Are you now? Oh! I know you. Hi, Ryosuke." She said, waving at him.

"You... remembered...?" He asked, his eyes lighting up.

"Mhm. Why wouldn't I?" She asked.

"I..."

"My sister kept that star sand in the living room. It looks so pretty..." She smiled, thinking about it.

"You... I-I..."

"You're so sweet. Thank you for supporting my sister and I." She said.

He could tell that she meant it. Suddenly, he dropped the flowers, running away.

"Wait! Your flowers!" She called out to the, picking them off the ground.

Y/N read the address on the flowers. "Shinazumi road..."

"These were for Ai... I guess I'll have to give them to her myself." She sighed.

Y/N had to make a quick stop first. Hikaru needed something first.

Y/N walked to his studio and was surprised to see the all the lights were off.

"Hello?" She says, wondering if he was there.

"Hey, Y/N. So glad you could join me today." A voice said from behind her.

Blood dripped from her mouth. The pretty roses were covered in blood.

Hikaru retreated his knife, wiping the blood off of it with a handkerchief.

"It's nothing personal, Y/N. But I simply... don't need you anymore." He smiled.

Y/N covered her stomach. Was this real? Why did it not hurt.

"I'm glad I chose to stay for a little longer. Can you tell me one more thing before you go?" He smiled.

"And... what is that..."

"How are my kids? Oh, and Ai too?" He asked.

"I... they couldn't be better. I'm happy you didn't stay to see them grow up." She smiled right back at him, her back sliding down the wall so she could rest.

"Is that so? Well, I best get going now. Someone's gonna be here soon and I think you know who that person is." He said, exiting the store.

•••

Ai rushed to the studio. Y/N was taking forever to get home and she was worried.

Aqua and Ruby insisted on going too. Once they got there, Ai knocked on the door. Once she saw it was unlocked, she started to open it.

"Sorry for the intrusion, we were just-

Ai's heart sunk and shattered at the same time and she dropped to her knees.

"Mama what's wrong?" Ruby asked, trying to peer over her shoulder.

"It smells like... metal." Aqua said, covering his nose with his hand.

Y/N's lifeless eyes looked up for a moment and she smiled. "Hi..."

"Is that... oba? She sounds so... sad." Ruby said, looking at Aqua.

"She might be hurt!" Aqua exclaimed, pushing past Ai to see Y/N.

His eyes widened.

"What's wrong?!" Ruby asked.

He didn't answer, quickly rushing over to Y/N.

"What happened?! Who did this?!" He asked, giving her a hug.

"Aqua... it's alright..." She said, placing her hand on his head.

"No It's not!" He stared back at Ai who looked like she was in a daze.

Aqua searched for Y/N's phone and found it in her pocket. He immediately went to emergency call and dialed the police.

"You need to come help her! She'll die so hurry up!" He demanded, quickly giving the police the address.

"Aqua! What's going on?!" Ruby quickly rushed past Ai and saw the horrid sight.

"Hey... I'm sorry that you're... seeing me this way..." Y/N said softly.

"Don't worry! The doctors are gonna be here soon! Just hold on a little longer!" Aqua said desperately.

Ai finally got up and trudged over to Y/N, sitting down in front of her.

Y/N stared at her before a smiling. Ai engulfed Y/N in a hug.

"I'm sorry... that I can't perform at a dome with you..." Y/N whispered.

"There won't be a dome concert without you..." Ai said, squeezing her tightly.

"Oba.." Ruby cried, hugging Y/N's arm.

Aqua had some of Y/N's blood straining his golden locks, a look of hope yet one of despair on his face. He knew Y/N wouldn't make it and so did Ai. But, they still wanted to believe there was a chance. A chance Y/N was gonna live.

"I ran into Ryosuke, you know... Those flowers over there are for you. Sorry that I got them dirty..." Y/N said to Ai.

"Y/N... You can't just leave! You're my sister... y-you can't just leave me like this! We're supposed to sing together... and watch the kids grow. Please..." Ai begged.

Y/N felt something drop on her face. It was wet. It was from Ai. She was crying.

"Don't cry... you're making me all sad now..." Y/N sighed, holding onto herher sister's hand.

Ai let out a shaky breath, holding onto Y/N like it would keep her alive.

"Ai, Ruby, Aqua... I love you. You're my family... You've made my life so much better just by being in it..." Y/N said.

Aqua couldn't bring himself to speak. All he did was hold onto Y/N and close his eyes, refusing to let any of his tears spill.

"We love you, oba..." Ruby cried.

"L-Love you Y/N... so much." Ai said, pressing her forehead against Y/N's.

"You'll always be my Imouto."