✶21✶

Tanjiro woke up, looking at his surroundings.

He was in the butterfly mansion? Wait, that couldn't be right. He wasn't in his world... he was supposed to be in Y/N's.

He got up. He felt hot.

He placed a hand on his forehead and it was very warm. There was a thermometer on the bedside table. He had a fever.

He changed out of his hospital outfit and into his uniform and haori.

He headed out and started training, only to get stopped by the little butterfly girls.

"Tanjiro! Your sick! Go back to bed!" Sumi said.

"Lady Shinobu said that you need to lay down!" Kiyo added.

"But I train better when I'm sick! Please, I'll be back shortly." He said, hoping they wouldn't tell Shinobu.

"Fine! But if you stay out too long, we're gonna tell Lady Shinobu!" Naho said, making the other two nod.

"Got it! Thanks girls!" Tanjiro smiled, waving at them and he started to run off.

'I smell Y/N... but her scent is faint.'

•••

Akaza opened his eyes 'I'm... back at the infinity castle?'

He had been summoned by the biwa woman, Nakime. He started to make his way down to the meeting point.

'Has an Upper Rank been killed or is this about that girl...'

He stepped on the tatami mat floor, looking around for any of his fellow demon moons.

'Upper six, Upper five, and Upper four... Don't tell me...'

Upper moon one suddenly appeared, standing a few feet behind Akaza.

'Is Upper two dead? Thank god. That demon was always a pain in my-

"Lord Akaza! It's so good to see you again!" Douma smiled, placing his hands on Akaza's shoulders.

Akaza groaned, punching Douma in the head. Douma's platinum blonde locks got stained red from the blood. The wound in his head healed in a matter of milliseconds and he shook his head like a wet dog, trying to get the blood out of his hair. His hair was still tinted red a little bit.

"Lord Muzan has arrived." Nakime said.

Muzan suddenly spoke, "I have called you all here today to discuss an important matter. Kokushibo, Douma, Akaza. I see you have returned."

Kokushibo and Akaza nodded silently while Douma let out a cheerful "That's right!"

Gyokko, Upper Moon five has risen from his pot slightly "May I ask what the importance of the matter is, my lord?"

"It had to be super crucial if he's calling all of us here for it, stupid fish pot." Daki, Upper Moon six hissed.

"Maybe Lord Muzan just wanted to have a lovely reunion with us after so many years." Douma smiled.

"I'm sure if that were the case he most definitely wouldn't have invited you." Akaza said, glaring at Douma who only smiled back at him.

"Actually, I'm here to discuss the matter of Y/N."

'Oh shit.' Kokushibo and Akaza thought.

"Y/N? M-My lord, may I ask who that i -is?" Hantengu asked.

"Y/N Hoshino is a descendent of the Hoshino clan. The Hoshino clan specialized in medicine and multiple fragrance mists that both contained blue spider Lilly petals." Muzan said.

"My Lord, if I may, what does that have to do with Y/N? I mean, what if she doesn't know the whereabouts of the blue spider Lilly?" Douma asked.

"If she doesn't know, squeeze any bit of information from her. Then, kill her."

Akaza's eyes widened. Kill Y/N? Wait, why was he having second thoughts? He shouldn't give two shits about any human.

"Is there something you'd like to say, Akaza?" Muzan asked.

"Well... that human girl is weak and useless. I don't understand how killing her would benefit us." He said, still bowing his head.

"You're right. I, nor you seven have nothing to gain from killing Y/N. But, the existence of her simply irritates me." Muzan said, leaving Akaza and the rest dumbfounded.

"I was going to leave this mission up to Upper moons one, two, and three. But now, since the Hoshino girl is in the area, I'm going to assign it to all of you." Muzan said.

'A mission from Lord Muzan! How exciting!' Daki smiled.

"That girl... what if she holds more information than we had anticipated...?" Kokushibo asked, resting his hand on the hilt of her sword.

"Well, if that were to occur, bring her here. I will decide her fate." Muzan said before leaving.