✶22✶

Y/N's stomach had healed a bit, though not fully. She was outside, sitting out and admiring the stars. She was sitting next to a river and looking down at how it would flow over the rocks, washing away any type of dirt covering them.

"What are you doing out so late? I advise you to go inside." A voice said from behind Y/N.

She turned around and saw a boy with long black hair that had aqua blue at them ends. He was short but taller than her and had dull, blue eyes.

"I couldn't sleep. Plus, the moon looks really pretty." She said.

The boy tilted his head and sat next to her. He looked up at the moon also, trying to see what was so special about the moon rather than being inside and looking at it from the window.

"Those stars... they look like Sakura trees." He said.

Y/N looked in the direction he pointed at "Oh, you're right!"

"Looking at the clouds in the day time... is much more intriguing, plus it's safer." He said.

"Well, I'll have to keep that in mind." She smiled, turning to face him.

He turned to face her also "Are you injured?"

"Injured? Why would you think that?" She asked, fidgeting with her fingers.

"Your posture. And there's a faint scent of iron in the air." He said, pointing at her stomach.

"Heh... you aren't wrong. I got hurt a while back, but I'm getting better!" Y/N said confidently.

"Hmm... you're quite odd."

"Odd? How do?" Y/N asked, not taking offense to his comment.

"Well, your hair and eyes are an unusual color, to say the least. And, you're outside at night when there's a demon lurking somewhere around here." He said, rubbing a hand against his chin.

"Your hair is blue!" She said, suddenly putting her hands on his head.

"..."

"..."

"What did those stars look like again?" He said, looking up at the sky.

"I think that's crown!"

•••

"What's your name?" Y/N asked.

"Muichiro... Tokito?" He said hesitantly.

"Are you sure?" She asked.

"Why wouldn't I be sure of my name?"  He retorted, glaring at her.

"S-Sorry! You just sound so unsure of yourself." She smiled nervously.

"Hm. So, you can't expect to ask a person's name... and not consider giving them your own." He said, staring at her with those lifeless teal eyes.

"Oops. My name is Y/N Hoshino." She said, rubbing the back of her neck.

"..."

"Muichiro!" She suddenly grabs a hold of his shoulders.

"Unhand me-

"Let's be friends!"

His eyes widened "Friends? As in companions?"

"Yes! We can be best friends, okay?!"

"Nonsense. I am a hashira. That would only be a major waste of my time." He stated, staring her down