We Discover the Lightning Theif

Ally was with her friends digging through the closet in Chiron's office to help get everything ready for Linnie nomination day.

Tensions were high at camp so Allie expressed to her friends that tomorrow's Linnie nomination day needed to be the best yet to bring the camp together. The last moment of peace Ally had at camp was the night of the trios return to camp party.

"Luke?" She heard a young boys voice say.

Luke quickly turned around.

"Annabeth? Percy?" Luke asked before notifying the rest of the group.

"Guys it's the kids!" Luke said.
The group quickly huddled around the Iris message from the young demigods.

Ally watched as her sister Annabeth and the new kid Percy materialized in the rainbow light of an iris message. Grover was noticeably missing, but Ally knew his absence was a common occurrence.

"Annabeth!" Ally said, happy to see her sister looked well. "Are you okay?" She asked.

"Yeah we're fine.." The young girl replied. "Where's Chiron?" She asked.

"Chirons holding camp together with both hands." Luke answered.

"Everyone thinks we're going to war, so the cabins are taking sides..." Allie replied.

"Please tell me you're calling with good news!?" Braeden chimed in.

"We know who stole the bolt." Percy answered shortly.

Everybody gasped. Ally noticed Luke flinch which was weird but she chalked it up to a strange reaction from the shocking news Percy had delivered.

"How do you know?" Luke asked.

"We ran into Ares and Grover got him talking and realized Ares knew who the thief was- But was covering for them!" Annabeth quickly explained. "So who would Ares cover for other than.." Annabeth continued.

"Clarisse is the lightning thief?!" Luke said with suprise. Ally thought something was weird about the way Luke said it but maybe Luke was just weird.

"Chirons gotta arrest her!" Percy stated. "Find out what she knows, there's more to this than just the bolt. Something bigger. Don't ask me how I know you just gotta trust me!" Percy continued!

"Okay we're on it." Allie answered, nodding to her friends.

"So Ares huh.. What's that like?" Luke asked quickly changing the subject.

"Well compared to the Chimara on Monday, and Medusa on sunday.. could've been a lot worse.." Percy explained.

"showoff." Braeden muttered under his breath with an eye roll.

Luckily Percy didn't hear Braeden's comment over his and Annabeths bickering about what days their heroic events took place.

"Medusa was on Saturday." Annabeth corrected. "No monsters on Sunday, Monday you died in a river." She continued matter of factly.

"Right.. So Medusa on Saturday." Percy confirmed.

"Gods what is this." Allie laughed.

"What?" The pair replied.

"When did you two turn into an old married couple." Luke joked.

The kids didn't find it very funny.

"Not to change the subject but i'm gonna.." Percy started.

"We could use your advice on something... We're heading to Los Vegas to find your-" Percy tried to say before being cut off by Annabeth retossing the coin and ending the connection. The iris message went dark.

"Vegas? What's in Vegas." Luke asked?

"Do you uh remember who I meant at the mythology in entertainment conference in Vegas last year.." Allie replied carefully.

Luke's face fell.

Anyone who was friends with Luke knew there was only one thing that could make him that upset. His father. Lin Manuel Miranda.

"Let's uh go tell Chiron what we know." Allie said as she lead Luke out of Chirons office.

"Heavy stuff." Braeden said sadly once the pair left.

"yeah.. I just can't believe the thief had been under our noses the whole time." Ally said, She had a weird feeling about the situation. Ally wondered what the point of being a child of Apollo was if everyone could have weird feelings, she decided she'd ask Braeden later.

—————————————————————

Ally and her friends nervously huddled together at the camp fire. Ever since they had heard the news of Clarisse being the lightning thief camp was divided.

Obviously all the children of Ares had taken Clariesses side, but Clarisse being the way she was had a lot of campers waiting for an excuse to formally band against her.

The Athena kids believed Clarisse was guilty because they trusted Annabeths word, Ally didn't like Clarisse but she didn't think Clarisse would steal from the gods themselves.

Braeden was having the hardest time, he and Clarisse were friends and he and Percy definitely were not. Braeden's other friends, Luke, Allie and Ally seemed to be completely ready to just blame Clarisse.

Until the lightning bold arrived back on Olympus there was nothing anyone could do, so for now Clarisse was safe.

"Campers, settle down!" Chiron shouted over the crackling of the campfire that was glowing a deep red based on the emotions of the campers.

"As you know, Linnie nominations come out tomorrow morning, I hope this tradition brings us together rather than keeps us apart." Chiron explained.

"If you do not get a letter do not fret there will be many more chances to prove your glory." Chiron continued.

Braeden shuddered nervously as Chiron continued to speak.

"Braeden this is your year, you're going to get your letter." Ally reassured.

"I hope so." Braeden replied.

"You will, we're going to go to the linnie's together!" Ally said cheerfully.

"Well, not me I told dad that I took a man's head off his neck for him this summer, I will absolutely not be participating in the linnie's." Allie explained as the group laughed.

Luke nodded silently, He also wouldn't be going to the linnie's because his dad hadn't picked him since his failed quest, but Ally knew better than to bring that up.

"Do you think Clarisse will get picked?" Braeden asked.

"I mean.. if she stole the bolt successfully for her dad then... I imagine he'd pick her as a reward." Ally reasoned. Everyone else nodded in agreement.

"Alright campers, Get some rest, and be ready for tomorrow's linnie nominations!" Chiron announced before trotting away towards the big house.

The campers dispersed and the fire dimmed, everyone chattering excitedly about tomorrow's nominations.

A/N know i love you guys i wrote this in public, also idk how to end chapters, place your bets on if ill finish this book today or not LOL