Linnie nominations.

A/N TIME TO CRAAAAAAANK

Braeden POV

Braeden woke up with a start. Braeden was pleased to see there was a letter sitting on the chest in front of his bunk. He hurried out of bed to show his friends.

After breakfast Braeden found Allie and Ally sitting and gossiping under a tree.

"Hey Braeden!" Ally said cheerily.

"Hey guys.. wait where are your letters?" Braeden asked.

"We're off the hook this year!" Ally didn't receive a letter but was too nice to make it braeden's problem.

"Yeah dad really came through for me!" Allie said happily.

Braeden held up his letter. "I was waiting till we were together to open it!" He said excitedly.

"well GO ON!" Allie cheered.

Braeden opened the letter to see an emblem of a wave.

Braeden's face contorted in confusion.

"What's wrong?" Ally asked.

"It-it's-" Braeden attempted before just turning the letter around to show the girls.

Ally and Allies faces quickly changed into shocked expressions.

"NO WAY!" Ally shouted.

"Braeden this is huge this means you were literally picked second!" Allie said cheerfully.

"CAMPERS PLEASE GATHER TO THE STAGE TO RECOGNIZE YOUR LINNIE NOMINEES!" Chiron ordered the campers.

"Time to go see the competition.." Braeden muttered nervously.

—————————————————————

The campers gather around the stage where 24 podiums were carefully laid out to represent two campers from each cabin.

"Welcome campers to another year of the linnie's bla bla bla i don't care now for your first round draft picks from zeus." Mr.D unenthusiastically announced.

"Malcom Pace, Son of Athena and Veronica Lodge, Daughter of Hermes." Mr. D announced.

The camp erupted into whispers, Zeus usually always picked one child of Athena and one of ares to give himself the best chance of winning, but with the rumors surrounding clarisse no child of ares was chosen.

"Second round picks from Hera, Peter Parker, Unclaimed and Betty Brant daughter of Demeter." Mr.D announced.

Hera always picked an unclaimed kid, whether it was to give them a chance at finding their parent or laughing at them no one knew or cared.

"Draft picks form Poseidon." Mr.D called out.

Braeden waited with bated breath, poseidon like the ocean always was a wild card, he wondered if the other campers would be as supirised as he was.

"Betty Cooper, daughter of Athena and Braeden Costco son of Apollo." Mr. D announced and Braeden's friends burst into cheers. Braeden beamed with pride as he took his place next to Betty C on the podium. Braeden eagerly listened for the other contestants.

"From Demeter, Katie Gardner and Steve Douglass." Mr. D announced.

"From Ares..." The camp went silent, "Clarisse La Rue, and Steve Rodgers." Mr.D announced. The camp didn't cheer there was an uncomfortable silence based on the rumors about Clarisse.

The rest of the names went by in a flash.

"From Athena, Jughead Jones and Quinn Fabray."

"From Apollo, Lee Fletcher and Rachel Berry"

"Chosen to represent Artemis, Cheryl Blossom, Unclaimed and Santana Lopez daughter of Ares."

"From Hephaestus Charlie Beckendorf and JoJo Siwa."

"From Aphrodite, Silena Beauregard and Sam Evan's"

"From Hermes, Chris Rodriguez and Jade West."

"From Dionysus, Castor Aridan and Brittany Pierce."

"That concludes our Linnie nominations, nominees please stay behind to be matched with your mentor." Chiron said cheerfully.

Braeden stayed behind on the stage waiting for who his mentor would be with anticipation. Luckily Braeden was third so he didn't have to wait long.

"Braeden your mentor will be Coriolanus Snow." Chiron said. Braeden starred face to face with the tall blond Linnie winner from the year prior.

"You best work hard. I don't like to lose, you see snow always lands on top." Coriolanus said with a sneer.

—————————————————————

Coriolanus Snow, son of Athena, stood tall and composed, his piercing gray eyes assessing his student, Braeden, son of Apollo. Braeden eagerly awaited instruction, a glint of determination in his eyes.

"Today's training is crucial, Braeden. The Linnies are tomorrow, and we must ensure you're prepared for what lies ahead." Snow explained.

Braeden nodded, a mixture of excitement and anticipation coursed through him.

"I'm ready, Coriolanus. Teach me everything you know." Braeden said with an eager smile

"Very well. and uh my friends call me Snow. Let's begin with your stance." Snow said quickly and somewhat awkwardly.

Snow demonstrated a balanced stance, feet firmly planted, ready to spring into action.

Braeden watched intently, mirroring the stance as he absorbed the lesson.

"Now, focus on your breathing. Inhale deeply, exhale slowly. Clear your mind of distractions." Snow explained.

Braeden followed Snows instructions, closing his eyes and regulating his breath. He felt a sense of calm wash over him, sharpening his focus.

"Good. In battle, a clear mind is your greatest weapon. Now, let's work on your archery." Snow suggested. Braeden was good at archery so he was sure he'd do well.

The pair moved to the archery range, Snow guiding using his hands to guide Braeden through the proper technique for drawing and releasing the bowstring. Braeden listened attentively, Braeden was really good at archery and knew the proper technique but he didn't question Snow.

"Remember, Braeden, focus on your target. Let your instincts guide your aim." Snow advised, advice that Braeden obviously already knew, being a child of Apollo.

They practiced relentlessly, Braeden's arrows finding their mark with increasing accuracy

"there's always room for improvement. Let's continue honing your skills." Snow said as the moved over to the sword fighting pit. (thing?!? range?!?? idk.)

They spent hours refining Braeden's technique, the sound of swords clinking pierced through the air.

"That's enough for today, Braeden. You've made excellent progress." Snow said as he took a step back.

Braeden beamed with pride, a newfound confidence radiated from him perhaps he had a chance at winning the Linnie's once and for all.

"Thank you, Snow. I won't let you down tomorrow." Braeden replied.

"I know you won't, you're quite strong Braeden. Keep pushing yourself, and you'll be a formidable opponent in the Linnie arena." Snow complemented.

"Thank you, I played spongebob in last year's camp musical and that is a very physically demanding role." Braeden explained.

As the sun set on the training grounds, Snow and Braeden stood side by side, united in their pursuit of Linnie glory, snow going for a mentor win and Braeden just trying to win.

"with my training, you'll  emerge victorious." Snow reassured.

"Yes I will." Braeden said with determination.

They shared a nod of camaraderie before heading off to their respective cabins, Braeden wanted to go to sleep early so he'd be ready for the Linnie's bright and early the next morning.

a/n this chapter is not good enough quality for how long i've been working on it for