Thank you Sting

Since tonight is the icon Sting's final match, I thought I could come on here and say Thank you Sting!

Unfortunately, I was not born around the time when Sting was popular back in the WCW days. But I have been able to see the incredible things he was able to do, and I can say he has become one of my favorite legends. 

My first memory of Sting was back in 2015 (Well, technically 2014 when he showed up at Survivor Series) when he made his WWE debut, and had his match against Triple H. I remember not really knowing who he was at first, but I liked watching him because he was different. He wasn't the typical wrestler who stepped foot into the ring. And seeing him go toe-to-toe with one of the best in WWE, that was something I would never forget. To this day, I wished that Sting would have won, but I can say that his match with Triple H was an iconic match for me. 

I can't say much about his TNA run because truth be told, I don't remember much of his TNA run. I'm not saying it was bad, I just don't remember it. But I do remember Joker Sting, and people didn't care for it. I guess I'm the odd ball, because I enjoyed it. 

When he debuted in AEW, I thought it was exciting. And I personally liked the pairing of Sting and Darby Allin. I felt that Sting being with Darby Allin would have helped boost Darby's career being with the icon. And yes, I was excited when they won the tag team titles. But nothing made me more excited than seeing Sting descend from the rafters on his last AEW Dynamite. 

I'm sure you all remember, but I created a character who is the daughter of Sting, in Jinx. And I think I want to model her career after her father in a way, to remember the icon. And I think Sting would be proud of his daughter and how much she has grown. 

A little fun fact I learnt from a docuseries. But the whole reason why Sting changed from the surfer look to the Crow look was because of Scott Hall. Scott had encouraged Sting to change up his look, because the bright colors were no longer the in-thing. The 90's were about grunge, and being rebellious, and one of the popular movies at the time was Brandon Lee's The Crow. (Which is one of my personal favorite movies) So Sting changed up his look, and the Sting we know, and love was born!

Sting has become one of my favorite legends, and I'm happy to have seen his legendary career. Even if it is years later..

It saddens me that Sting is retiring, but I know that our heroes cannot wrestle forever. So I will say this again, Thank you Sting! And I hope this isn't the last we see of the WWE Hall of Famer, and the Icon. 

signing off,

Chancie