-Chapter 2-

In a lavish mansion, a young lady worked in the kitchen peacefully

In a lavish mansion, a young lady worked in the kitchen peacefully. As the morning rays poured inside the kitchen, her serine face illuminated with joy. Mornings were the best past of the day for her. That was the only time she had for herself. Only time she could enjoy in peace. She let the sunlight bathe her skin, basking in the warmth. Her silky auburn hair cascaded down her waist, glittering in the sunlight like rose gold.

She caught her reflection in the window glass and smiled. At 30 she passed off as a woman in her early twenties. She was proud of herself. She was not a frivolous person, but she traded in deception. Her looks were her assets. People were so caught up with her beauty that she could not see past it and see the real woman behind. That way she was a pro at what she did.

"Roohi, Coffee" Someone yelled.

Roohanika Arjun Rajwanshi fisted her hand by her sides to control the irritation that coursed though her veins. Arjun Idiotic Rajwanshi was proving to be the bane of her existence. One day very soon she would wring his neck and be done with it! She grabbed the coffee machine and dumped the dark liquid that the Moron Rockstar preferred. The man and his tastes made her cringe. She was tempted to reach for the rat poison that she ordered a day before. A few drops and she would get rid of him for ever.

"Roohi use protect karna hai, marna nehi hai. (Roohi, you are here to protect him not kill him.)" She scolded herself as she reached for the sugar. She dumped the customary leaps of sugar that he preferred. She did not understand how the guy could have three spoons of sugar in his coffee and yet look like a perfectly chiseled Greek god!