-Chapter 16-

"Why don't you take a walk, Abhi?" The phoenix suggested after an hour

"Why don't you take a walk, Abhi?" The phoenix suggested after an hour. Abhi was not able to sleep. They had talked for hours and yet, the boy was unable to sleep. 

"Is waqt? (At this time?)" Abhi frowned.

"Sometimes, fresh air helps, bacha. You need to burn off the anxiety. I know the new school has you worried. You will settle down with time, Abhi. Trust me that place can change your life. In a few months....."

"I do not have few months bhaiya." Abhi sighed.

There was silence from the other end. He could hear the rustle of the blankets as if someone was pushing them away and sitting upright.

"Why are you saying that, Abhi?" The phoenix sounded worried.

"This is not my home, bhaiya. I cannot stay long. I need to go away, I feel suffocated here."

There was complete silence.

"bhaiya?" Abhi frowned. He thought the call was disconnected.

"Is Arjun not treating you well?" The voice sounded stained.

"The Rockstar is a good man bhaiya. Infact he is a very good man. He is kind, generous, funny and giving. He has a big heart. I don't think he could harm a fly, even if he tried to. He acts this strong and tough but he a softie at heart. It shows. You know he is scared of Leo" Abhi could not stop the grin.

"Not everyone are fond of dogs, Abhi."

"Its not about dislike bhaiya, bhaiyu is legit scared of the dog. You should have seen his reaction the first day. He behaved as if Leo was a lion and not a harmless pup. He is still very cautious around Leo. Trust me, bhaiyu is scared!"

"Bhaiyu?"

"I mean rockstar" Abhi corrected himself.

"It is okay to get attached, Abhi" The phoenix whispered softly. "It is okay to give yourself a chance. Like you said Arjun is a very nice person...."

"He is not my family, bhaiya. He took me in because he could not say no to Mrs. Wadhwa. I am nothing more than a responsibility to the man. And he can never be anything more than a guardian to me. No matter what he does bhaiya, he is my nightmare"