-Chapter 17-

A teaser bite on Vachan. If you are a new reader do check it out!

If you have read the book already tell us if you remember the scene!

"Hello, Abhimaan" Karan got up and greeted him casually. "I see you are hail and hearty! Enjoyed your ice-cream?" His eyes glinted.

Abhi took a cautious step back. He could read anger, that was the one emotion he was very familiar with. He did not know anything about Karan other than the fact the he was Mrs. Wadhwa's husband. He could be a good person, but he could also be a monster. He was just starting to feel safe. He was not ready to face a monster again. He reached for the pocket knife in his pocket and stilled when he did not find it. He remembered putting it under his bed. He was slacking. His heart pounded in his chest as Karan made his way to him. 

Arjun was right next doors, Abhi reminded himself. He could holler for help. Roohi was in the house, he did not have to.......

"What did you say to the, Phoenix?" He stopped right before him, his eyes shooting daggers at him.

"Phoenix?" Abhi gulped. Karan was one of the few officers who vehemently denied The dark phoenix's identity.  He was surprised he was talking about it.

"Drop that act, Abhimaan. We both know who we are taking about. The Phoenix needs leave on an important mission in a day. He cannot afford to have distractions and right now he is not in a state to concentrate. You were the last person who spoke to him. What did you say to him? Why is he so disturbed?" 

"Aap bhaiya se milke aa rahe ho? (Are you coming from bhaiya's place?"

"Call him." Karan handed him his own phone, "I don't know what you said but he is upset. I have never seen him so upset."

Abhi looked down. He felt guilty for yelling at his bhaiya. He did not know how he would deal with him. Karan saw the guilty look and sighed. He was upset when he came inside. The country depended on the Phoenix to stand strong. He could not falter. The boy was turning into his weakness. He could not let that happen.

"Sit down Abhimaan, I need to talk to you"

Abhi walked to the couch and sat down. Karan closed the door. Abhi looked up tensed. Karan ignored the fear he saw in the boy's eyes. He knew about the boy's past. Abhimaan would have to learn on his own that not all men were monsters. Arjun could teach him that, but it was a long way! Trauma like that never left a person alone.

"I love my wife, Abhimaan" He confronted Abhi's fears head on. "I will never betray her in anyway. You have nothing to worry."

Abhi looked away embarrassed. They all knew about his dirty past. They must all pity him.