-Chapter 14-

Thursday mornings were the busiest for Roohi

Thursday mornings were the busiest for Roohi. She had to juggle between team meetings and breakfast with her father. The meeting with her team went on smooth as it alwyas did but the meeting with her dad left her feeling sad. She was missing her family. Never before had she stayed away so long from her family. As an only child she was very close to her parents. Her mother passed away a few years ago, breaking their hearts. She and her father held on to each other for support. When she left left for college her father came with her to Pune. She never had to stay away from him. The only time they were forced to spend apart was when she went for her training, and even that did not last for six moths, so the year apart was taking a toll on them both.

She waked in with a fowl mood, but the moment she entered the mansion she was greeted to the sight of Abhi rolling over in the lawn with a puppy. She parked her car in a hurry and rushed to check if she was hallucinating. She was shocked to discover she was not, there was indeed a pup playing with the boy. The laughter in Abhi's eyes told her all, he was already head over heals in love with the silly goof ball. She shook her head, Arjun hated dogs. She had asked Shawn to send the pup to Rescue Center not hand him over to the boy. She hated that Abhi would be disappointed. 

The pup saw her and raced to greet her as if she was his best friend. He woofed and grabbed her dupatta with his tiny teeth. Abhi got up, dusted his muddy pants and made his way to her.

"Hey, di." He greeted her shyly. Roohi smiled, that was huge improvement. He usually turned the other way when  he saw people.

"Hey, buddy. Did you have breakfast?"

Abhi bobbed his head and picked up the pup who was whining because she refused to acknowledged him. Roohi saw the way Abhi held the pup and sighed.

"Arjun hates dogs, Abhi." She broke the news as gently as she could. "You will need to let it go"

The happiness in Abhi's eyes dimmed but he nodded his head, "Bhai ne kaha ke yeh kuch din rukh sakta hai. Rescue center full hai. (Bhai said that I could keep him for a few days, the rescue center is full.) He needs to stay here till he finds a home."

"Bhai?" Roohi gave him a confused look.

"Shawn bhai" Abhi pointed at the chief of security who was talking to a couple of body guards. Roohi sighed in relief. Shawn was well versed in Arjun's ways, if he said something, he would have talked to Arjun first. She had nothing to worry.

"Great! So what have you named him?"

Abhi looked taken aback. "Name?"

"He needs a name, does he not? What are you planning on calling him?"

"but he is not mine"

"Even if he is not yours, he needs a name, Abhi. Everyone deserves a name. Come up with something cool and something good. You cannot get rid of your name can you?"