Chapter 3

"Swayam..." Sharon said softly. Realising Swayam was true to his words she said it a bit louder. "Sharon.." "What?" "What??" "I have wild card participants to attend." "I really won't let you leave until you speak ok?" Swayam left her hand waiting for her response. They both stood there in silence till Sharon decided to leave the room. She already had a huge chunk of work to do due to the sudden wildcard entry and the last thing she wanted was to delay it. Well also she had to stay focussed on the 'IGNORE SWAYAM' mission of hers. Swayam relapsed and held her hand tightly.

"Sharon why are you ignoring me... why are you acting weird..." before he could complete his sentence Sharon cut him. "Weird?? Me? " She faced him and continued. "You act weird for all these days and I get the title of being weird? Nice..." "When did I behave weirdly? Last time I checked I was perfectly fine." "Oh trying to be funny Swayam?" "No I am stating the fact." "Well you have got all your facts wrong. I called you so many times and what do you do? No reply." "Well I thought you would be angry because of that." "Great guess Sherlock." Sharon said frowning. She was getting late and her plan was failing. "Well the thing I hadn't guessed was that you would be so angry. You exceed my expectations Ms. Rai Prakash." Sharon gave him a death stare which made him realise he had to place an explanation about his whereabouts. "Ok madam. I had gone on a picnic with my friends for celebrating the success of the show and my phone was confiscated by my friend. So technically it's not my fault." "You should have called after coming home." "I came here instead." "Well..." Sharon's phone rang and seeing a familiar caller id she became frantic. "Oh god! Thanks I forgot the wildcard contestants because of you...I am so dead."She ran before Swayam could say anything.

Swayam just stood there with a wide smile. There was definitely something different he felt when she was around and he could not give a name to the unknown feeling. In a few weeks time they had grown to know each other. They would agree on almost everything and fight on the things they contradicted on. Their fights usually ended with them laughing it off together. These thoughts circled Swayam's mind for quite some time till he realised his legs were aching due to travelling and did not have a proper rest after returning. He decided to leave after letting Sharon know. Who knows she might erupt like a volcano again? You have to be on the safe side he thought.

Sharon hit her head with the file in her hands. Why was she behaving like this? "What's wrong with me?" She thought "Why am I even angry with Swayam? He is just a friend. Why am I being so possessive of him? Arghh... I hate this feeling. Just a friend just a friend just a friend.... " her trail of thoughts was disturbed with someone tapping her shoulders. She turned around to find the person who was making her behave 'weird'. "Hey." His voice said. "Hey..." was her only reply. "I was leaving. "Just wanted you to know." "Why would I want to know about your whereabouts?" Swayam smirked knowingly at this leaving Sharon with a frown. "What?" she asked. "Nothing. Just didn't want to be on your bad side." "What do you mean by my bad side??" "Again nothing. Just ignore what I told seconds ago." "Oh no no. This is related to me and I must know" Sharon said and folded her arms. "Well... When you're angry... " "Continue Swayam..." "You burst like a volcano and that nose of yours turns a cute red." The first half of his explanation made Sharon angry but the latter half made her smile inwardly for a reason she did not know. She was out of her reverie when she saw Swayam walk away. "Hey..." "Meet you tomorrow volcano." "You won't call me that again." She said to Swayam who still had his back towards her. "Yeah right." Saying this he headed for the exit.

She knew that tone. He sure was mocking her. Let him call me that once more she thought... but then she smiled. It was good talking to him. It was always good and she always had these butterflies in her stomach, which she liked and hated at the same time. The reason being she did not know the reason behind it and she always wanted to know the reason behind everything.

After almost 2 days Swayam found himself again at the theatre. The place was full of people and a group performance had just ended resulting in a loud cheer from the audience. While the judges voiced their views about the performance he made his way to the backstage. Swarm of people surrounded him; participants chatting about their performance and assistants running around to complete their job. His eyes searched for her finally finding her with her eyes fixed on the stage.

Sharon waited eagerly for the performance to begin. The style was contemporary which is absolutely loved. She finished all her work and assigned the remaining work to others so that she was completely undisturbed during this performance. A soft music started to play and her eyes lit up when the contestants began their routine. Her mind was so focussed on it that the only response she gave Swayam who was straight behind her was an inaudible "hmm". Swayam just kept quite. He knew how much she loved dance and while he had told innumerable times to participate in a show rather than manage one, she would mildly change the topic. At first he was clueless when he did so but now he progressively understood when she lied and when she told the absolute truth. He waited for the dance to get over and Sharon to finally notice his presence. Sharon smiled; mesmerized by the performance which led to Swayam looking at her and smiling widely.

Sharon turned back to finally give Swayam some much needed attention and found him with a huge grin on his face. She stared at him for few seconds but he wouldn't stop grinning. She tried everything to remove that stupid smile out of his face which made him so adorable and charming. She tried making the best goof face she could make; crossed her arms; pulled his cheeks and to top it all messed his hair but nothing made that smile go away. Instead it had a reverse effect. His smile widened! He stood there with his hands in his pocket; scrutinizing her with his chocolate brown eyes. Sharon's heart was beating loudly and she wondered if he heard it? Lately, that's the effect he was having on her and she was sure it was not healthy for her. She gulped the lump forming in her throat and started walking in the opposite direction. She couldn't be in his presence for another minute for the sake of her poor heart. Her heart skipped a beat when she felt his hand on hers.

"Are you going to ignore me again?" Yes, I wish I could do that  she thought. She faced him and after taking a deep breath she answered him "No, I was tired of looking at a stupid looking statue.""Oh that! That happens when I see you." Sharon's face turned red. Why does he have to say something like that? Hardly her body was recovering from the last blow and this was a knockout punch. "Are you free now?" he asked. "Almost. Maybe yes. This was the last perf.." "Great. Let's go!" he said cutting her sentence in half. "Where?" "Somewhere." "That somewhere has a name?" "Sure it does." "So??" "So? Why are you still standing here? Move your legs young lady." He said and started walking expecting Sharon to follow him. Sharon well was more or less rooted to the place. She blinked.

Once.

Twice.

Thrice.

Finally she said the words out loud that were pounding in her head. "Is this a date?" Swayam turned back to see a priceless expression on her face. She looked as if a ghost appeared in front of her and the last time he checked this place was nowhere near to be called haunted. "Maybe." He said and started walking again. "Great." Sharon muttered to herself. This was the last thing she wanted to do now. Those words that he said before were a knockout punch but this; this was a death sentence. A date with Swayam Shekhawat!