Chapter 22

Two coffee cups later Swayam and Sharon were sitting in silence with Swayam's hand still wrapped around Sharon. They talked about random things but eventually silence would surround them. This time the silence wasn't that comfortable as it used to be. Sharon constantly thought about the conversation they were having in the morning.

"Swayam." Sharon called out softly with her face still buried in Swayam's chest.
"Sharon." Swayam replied.
"About what you wanted to talk about." Sharon said as she sat up erect and faced him.
"Maybe we should talk about it some other time." Swayam said.

"I want to talk about it now." Sharon said.
"Are you sure? I mean you are exhausted and so am I; I guess it's best if we have this conversation some other time." Swayam replied.
"But isn't it for the best of we talk it out as soon as possible? I don't want this argument to be extended for a long time." Sharon said.

"You think this will be an argument?" Swayam a asked sceptically.
"It might become that. It's a topic in which we both have different opinions and I don't you'll be easily ready to give up on your opinion just like I won't." Sharon said and Swayam nodded in reply.

"That's exactly the reason we shouldn't talk about it now. Today was a good but long day and I don't want you to be burdened with heavy talk." Swayam said after few moments holding Sharon's shoulders.

"But.." Sharon begins to say but is cut out by Swayam.
"How about we talk it out on Sunday?" Swayam suggested.
"It's Monday today; do you really expect me to wait another five days while muling over the possible conversation." Sharon exclaimed.

"It's your first week of work and you want it to go well right?" Swayam questioned.
Sharon nodded in reply.
"I also have some tough clients to convince." Swayam said.
"Those pieces of poo-poo?" Sharon said chuckling.
"Yes those pieces of poo-poo." Swayam said as they both chuckled.
"So let's go through this week tackling our work and on Sunday we talk and if we have any residual anger we can vent it out on work." Swayam said and Sharon laughed at the final suggestion.
She thought about I for a few seconds and then nodded affirmatively. Swayam cupped her face and looked at her with warm eyes before kissing her forehead.

"I think I should be going now." Swayam said as he got up.
Sharon got up after him and followed him to the door.
"I'll pick you up tomorrow at 8. I have some off site work to do." Swayam said as he opened the door.
"Okay. Drive safely." Sharon said with a smile.
''Will do love." Swayam said with the same smile.
"I love you." Sharon said before he entered the lift.
"I love you too. Good night." He replied and got into the lift.

Sharon watched the lift go down and closed the door after the indication blinked the sign for ground floor. She plopped down on the sofa recalling the day. As much as she wanted to get the impending talk over as fast as possible, Swayam was right. Talking right now would have lead to nowhere. She hoped it wouldn't turn into a argument as she thought it would turn out.
...
..
.

Swayam reached his home tired due to the long day. He rang the bell waiting for someone to open it. The door opened to reveal his father.
"Swayam beta. Why are you so late?" His father asked as he moved aside to allow Swayam to enter inside.
"Just work Papa." Swayam replied and began removing his shoes.
"How is it going?" Mr. Shekhawat asked.
"Fine. These new clients just need some changes." He explained.
"Some of them can be difficult to convince. I'm sure you'll be able to do that." His father said patting his back.
"I'll try." Swayam replied with a small smile.
"I'll be inside. Your mother needs help setting up dinner. She made your favourite today." He said with a smile.
"Okay." Swayam said and sat on the couch. He sighed realising how tired he was. He removed his phone and sent Sharon a text saying he reached home. He waited for her reply but the door bell rang distracting his attention for the phone.

"Hey, I thought you were supposed to come back hours ago." Swayam said as he opened the door to see his brother.
"I was but the professor took an extra lecture and the trains were late too." Sushant replied as he entered inside removing his shoes.

"You just got here too. Weren't you supposed to come hours ago too?" Sushant said noticing that Swayam still had his socks on.
"Good guess Sherlock. I was with Sharon." Swayam replied as he sat down on the couch.
"With Sharon huh! When are you allowing us to get acquainted." Sushant asked as he followed Swayam.
"I delay it as much as I can." Swayam replied.
"Why so? Are you scared that after meeting me she'll decide I'm the better Shekhawat?" Sushant said cheekily.
"Yeah right." Swayam said sarcastically. "It isn't good to be delusional." Swayam continued.

"Come on. Seriously you haven't even told me anything about her. I just know her name and how you two met. I don't know her full name." Sushant said sitting down next to Swayam.
"Okay. Her name is Sharon Rai Prakash. She is originally from Mumbai but stayed in Delhi for about 10 years. She moved back her for her job as a assistant manager. Is that information sufficient?" Swayam said.
"For now it is. You know you can talk about Sharon with me right? I won't tell Ma and Papa." Sushant said assuring him.

"They know." Swayam simply said.
"What? I thought this was a secret between the Shekhawat brothers." Sushant exclaimed.
"Why would I keep this from them?" Swayam asked.

"Good; the latecomers are back." Their mother said as she came in the living room.
"Good evening Ma." Swayam greeted her.
"Good evening Swayam." His mother greeted him back.
"Ma you knew about him and Sharon?" Sushant asked.
"Of course. I always knew he liked her by the way he used to talk about her." His mother answered.
"And here I thought it was a secret between me and you." He said turning towards Swayam.
"Don't be so dramatic Sushant." Swayam said.
"I'll be going now." He said and left the living room.

"He would become fast friends with Sharon." Swayam said.
"Why are you tensed Swayam?" His mother asked as she sat down beside him.
"Nothing." He replied.
"Don't just blatantly lie to your mother. What's wrong?" She asked again.
"Just work." He said.
"There you go lying again." She said.
"It's about Sharon." Swayam started and explained the situation to his mother that how he wanted Sharon to focus more on dancing while Sharon wanted to keep it in the side lines and continue working. Mrs. Shekhawat quietly heard her son talking and when he stopped and looked at her for advice she smiled and said, "You two should definitely talk it out but remember that ultimately it's her decision. Make your point but don't force your opinion on her."
"I won't." Swayam replied.
"Now go change your clothes, I'll serve dinner." She said and got up to go in the kitchen.
"Thank you Ma, for the advice and listening." Swayam said.
"Anytime Swayam. It's kind of my job to do so." She replied.
Swayam sat quietly staring at the wall as he wished the week to go by faster but slower at the same time.

...

A/N- Hope you all like the chapter :)
Thank you for reading and voting.