Chapter 16

True to her word, Ankita was in the theatre a little after three. She was on the way for a lecture when Swayam had called her. His tone hinted something strange and it kept her wondering the whole lecture. Suffice to say not a word had registered in her mind and now was dependent on her classmates for the notes which she was obviously not pleased about. Swayam better have something important to say or else he'll be in lot of trouble and she would have missed a lecture for no good reason.

Swayam saw Ankita enter the gate and immediately sent Sharon a text to be ready. Sharon had surprisingly agreed to him quickly. He thought he might have to bribe her to make her agree on this prank. He was excited. He did play occasional pranks on Sharon but this was somehow different. He quickly rushed inside and waited for Ankita to enter.

Ankita strolled in and immediately saw Swayam sitting with a grim expression. This was not a good sign, she thought as she made her way towards him.

"I've sacrificed my lecture for this cupid's job. I'm starting to think this job isn't for me." Ankita said as she reached him.

"Maybe you won't have to do that anymore." Swayam said.

"Elaborate Swayam. I really don't like people beating around the bush." Ankita replied.

"Sharon doesn't like me anymore. I don't even think she liked me in the first place." Swayam said.

"You both don't learn. Stop assuming and confront her about it." Ankita said.

"I did and that's what she told me." Swayam replied.

"That's not possible. You're joking right? Of course you're joking." Ankita said extremely shocked by what she heard. Sharon couldn't just chicken out in the last moment. She was so close to confessing her feelings so it wasn't possible that she would lie about it now.

"I'm not joking. You can ask her if you want." Swayam said disappointingly.

"This can't be happening." Ankita groaned and followed Swayam inside.

Sharon was too deep in her work to have remembered the prank she was supposed to be a part of. The text Swayam sent her was promptly ignored by her because the workload was massive. A few more episodes and the winner were to be declared. So when she saw a frustrated looking Ankita and a smugly smiling Swayam storming towards her, she was baffled.

"Hi." Sharon greeted them.

"Don't 'hi' me Sharon. This guy over here says you never liked him." Ankita said.

Sharon still had a confused look on her face and rapidly looked between her boyfriend and her best friend. She was about to ask her what she was talking about when she remembered what was going on. Why did she ever agree to this? This was obviously stupid and Ankita will be quick to notice this was all a facade. She was digging her grave deeper. She heaved a sigh and replied, "It's true."

"Batshit. Are you both playing a prank on me? It surely feels like it." Ankita said. She did notice the frantic expression of Sharon. She had known her for years and Sharon was not a good liar.

"Why would we play a prank on you?" Swayam said.

"I don't know. Can I talk to Sharon, alone?" Ankita asked.

Swayam nodded and turned away before he gave a look to Sharon which she assumed to be a warning for not ruining his beautifully laid plans. Sharon just rolled her eyes and waited for Ankita to speak.

"Seriously, how can you like that guy? His pranks are pathetic." Ankita said.

"I don't know. I just agreed to him because he had this determined expression on his face and I was scared that you would be angry at me for not telling you what happened on the trip." Sharon said chuckling.

"What happened on the trip?" Ankita questioned.

Sharon blushed as she remembered and this just led to Ankita to become more curious. She raised her eyebrows waiting for her answer. Sharon then narrated the events, skipping the not so important details. After she finished, the blush on Sharon's face deepened and Ankita had a blank expression on her face.

"Are you going to say something? I thought you'd be squealing like the fan girl you never admit to be." Sharon said noticing the blank expressions.

"Oh my god! You and him...you both.." Ankita squealed.

"There begins the fangirling." Sharon said looking at her reaction.

"My cupid's job is done. SwaRon have confessed. I have to mark this day in the calendar." Ankita said as she unlocked her phone.

"SwaRon? You made us a ship name. I quite remember you saying those were stupid." Sharon said crossing her arms.

"I need to do the cupid's job properly, even if it means things I don't particularly like." Ankita replied.

"You're so dramatic. I think we should go. Swayam has made some not so discreet tries to hear what we're talking about." Sharon said.

"I have some plans for him. Just follow my lead Sharon." Ankita replied and marched towards Swayam. Sharon chuckled thinking about how she ended up stuck with two of the most dramatic people in the whole world. No wonder she was herself dramatic sometimes. The influence of them both was really affecting her habits.

"I had so much hope that Sharon had finally found her love, but alas it didn't happen." Sharon heard Ankita say. Sharon tried to suppress her giggle, trying not to give Ankita's act away. When she looked up she saw Swayam give her a smirk thinking his plan was successful. He didn't suspect anything. He could have noticed Ankita's dramatic tone but he was too smug about his plan to notice it.

"Now that I know you don't like Swayam, I think you should meet Arjun." Ankita said facing Sharon.

"Who is Arjun?" Swayam asked.

"He's just this guy in my class. He and Sharon have a lot in common and I love to play cupid, so I thought it would be good if they both meet. Maybe I should plan a date for both of them." Ankita said enthusiastically.

"Why would Sharon go on a date with him?" Swayam said.

"Because she has been single for too long and they will suit each other perfectly." Ankita replied.

"Maybe I should go. Should I Swayam?" Sharon said.

Swayam could not reply. What are you supposed to reply when your girlfriend asks you whether she should go on a date or not with some other guy? Maybe she was just playing along trying to make Ankita really believe, but still her words pinched him and he had this weird feeling. The silence between the three of them was interrupted by the loud laughter of Ankita and Sharon. He looked at them with confusion.

"He gets jealous so quickly and he can't even hide it." Ankita said between her laughs.

"Look at your face Swayam. Maybe I should another picture." Sharon said after she stopped laughing.

"Ha ha. Sharon was right, you really are cruel." Swayam said after he understood what had happened.

"Why, thank you Swayam." Ankita replied.

Swayam just stared at them before walking away leaving the best friends behind. As he left he could hear them laughing again. Swayam heaved out a sigh but then smiled. Even if it was at his cost, Sharon's laughter was all that mattered to him.

A/N- Sorry for the very late update :( I was out of town plus I had a huge writer's block :/

I hope you like the chapter. Thank you for all the votes and comments. :)