Chapter 4

Sharon fixed her eyes on the changing surroundings. From the corner of her eyes she could see Swayam calmly steering the wheel in front of him. Something about it irked her, maybe it was the fact that he was so calm and she was the complete opposite of it. She focused back outside the window and let out a sigh. Why was he having such an effect on her? One stupid smile of his would bring another stupid smile on her face. There was something definitely different about the relationship they shared. To complicate things more he was taking her out on a 'date'? Sharon knew the maybe could be a yes or a no, but would she be disappointed if it was a no? It was a huge leap to take just like jumping of Grand Canyon and hoping to land on your feet. Something would obviously change after this. "I just hope..." Her thought process was brutally put to a stop by the continuous honking by the person on the driver's seat. Sharon jumped and fixed her eyes on Swayam.

"What the hell Swayam Shekhawat? Why are you honking like a mad man when there is not a single car on the road ahead?" Sharon yelled out of frustration. Swayam gave her an innocent smile before focussing back on the road. "You see you have been silent the whole way and you weren't responding so..." he trailed off. "So? This was your brilliant plan to bring me back to planet earth?" "Yes." he said immediately.

Sharon just rolled her eyes and focused again on the view outside the window. "But" she heard him say "This is actually the longest time you have been silent." She snaps her head in his direction and answers him. "Do you take me for a chatterbox?" "No I didn't say that. Is something bothering you?" "Umm.. No." "It's about the date, isn't it?" Sharon just looks at him without even bothering to blink. How can he read her mind? Is he a physic? "I take your silence as a yes." Sharon tries to speak but Swayam starts laughing. She rises up her eyebrows and looks at him curiously. "If you don't stop laughing hysterically we might end up in an accident" Swayam bites back his laughter. "Don't get all flustered about it, this isn't a date" "What?" "I just said maybe because your expressions were priceless and I knew you would over think this." He tries not to laugh as he remembers Sharon's shell shocked face.

Sharon just looked at him totally confused. This wasn't a date? She should be doing a happy dance now right? She doesn't have to worry about things getting awkward or anything like that. Then why in some remote corner of her brain she was disappointed. She shoves the ideas in a corner but she knows they will come back to haunt her.

"So where are we going then?" "As I said before, somewhere." "Why are you keeping it a secret? Wait! Do you plan on murdering me?" "What?" Swayam replies amusingly. "Seriously Sharon? What goes on in that brain of yours?" "Currently it's how you plan on murdering me." "Calm your brain down! We'll be there in about half an hour." Sharon looks at him before turning back to the window. "Have I ever mentioned that I learned karate?" she says not looking away from the window. "Yes you did" Swayam says. "Good."

--------------------------------------------------------

"Swayam where are we?" "Did you go to school Sharon?" "Of course" "Did you learn to read?" "Yes, but..." "What is written on the board ahead of you?" Swayam asked like he was asking a five year old to read something. "Auditions." "That answers your questions." "But why are we here?" "To give auditions Sharon." "Why are you giving auditions?" Sharon said hoping to change the topic "I never knew you were interested in dancing Swayam." Sharon completed chuckling. Swayam glared at her and replied "Sharon, You are giving the auditions." "What? Na na no nada never aha nope!" "Why?" Swayam furrowed his eyebrows together. "I don't know how to dance." "Really Sharon! At least give a good excuse." "Please Swayam..." "Sharon Rai Prakash you are going inside and giving the auditions" Swayam ordered. "Ok ok but Swayam how will I manage?" "It's just a local competition. Just 3 rounds. You can manage it." "Swayam I really don't think this is a good idea." "You always push this topic aside Sharon! You want to prove your parents that dance can be a career option right?" "Wait how?" "That's not important. You have to take a step forward towards your dream Sharon! You only regret the things you haven't done in life." Sharon stood there absorbing the words. They were always in her head, she wanted to take a step forward but something would stop her. Maybe she just needed someone to push her forward. "So ready to go?" "But I don't have a routine." "Just dance to the tune Sharon like the time we first met." "Ok" "Let's go my lady!" "OKAY!"