Chapter 7

Sharon was the first one to break the hug only to stare into Swayam's eyes. For a moment she thought she had seen in his eyes the same emotions she felt for him, maybe stronger. She discarded the idea. She didn't know why but she had to. Swayam couldn't be feeling the same as her. Even if he did she didn't want to get her hopes too high. If she did so there might be a chance she would come shattering down and she didn't have the energy or the will power to overcome that sort of heart break. Maybe she should suppress her feelings for him. The heartache would be unbearable, she felt it a couple of times and she didn't want to lose Swayam as a friend either. But then she remembered how suppressing her feelings backfired back on her. Her feelings for Swayam were too strong now that if she deliberately tried to hide them it would become more obvious. Swayam made her happy. However cheesy it may sound but his little things brighten up her day and for the same reason she was ready to take the risk of a possible heartbreak.

While on the other hand Swayam had made up his mind to tell the girl in front of him his true feelings. The fear of rejection still wandered but he had to overcome it. The way she blushed gave him hope that his feelings weren't one sided, feelings that were getting stronger by each passing day, each passing hour and each passing minute. She had danced her way in his heart. Strange how some people, in a short amount of time make a huge place in your life that imagining a life without them would be an impossible task. It felt like everything that happened, did happen to make them meet and get closer to each other.

"Can I have this dance?" Swayam asked holding out his hands. Sharon happily took his hand in her hand still lost in his eyes. Their eyes never left contact as they glided on the empty road with the rain pouring over them.

That moment when you feel that everything is perfect. Your life feels like a fairytale where nothing can go wrong and even if it did there was always the silver line of a happy ending. Swayam and Sharon shared that moment dancing with each other. The fear of rejection, the possibility of heartache, the idea of losing a friend and all other doubts swarming in their minds were all suddenly lost. They just simply glided to their own tune, laughing occasionally but mostly staring intently at each other figuring out their own and the feelings of the person in front of them.

For Sharon it was the opportunity to have a memory to remember forever while for Swayam it was a chance to show Sharon that she was the only one he would dance with in the rain. It felt like both of them heard what the other was thinking but their brains refused to believe it. Insecurities still weighed them down and they would continue to do show until they say their feelings out loud to each other. Maybe at that moment their hearts would beat so fast as if they ran a marathon or maybe their hearts would skip a beat occasionally realizing that the human they wished would love them back actually did so.

"Sharon." Swayam said.

"Hmm.." Sharon said with her eyes closed.

"You do know you have an early morning schedule tomorrow?" Swayam said with a huge smile.

"Of course.... wait what?" Sharon jerked away and looked at him in confusion.

"Oh god! Hey who are you laughing at?" Sharon asked looking at Swayam who was in hysterics.

"You never fail to entertain me Sharon." Swayam said between his laughs.

"Oh really? I am so happy you find happiness in my distress." Sharon said sarcastically.

"Ok sorry, but at least thank me for reminding you." Swayam said.

"Sure thing." Sharon said with the same tone of sarcasm.

"Come on I'll drop you home." Swayam said.

Sharon replied with a curt nod and walked towards Swayam's bike.

"Hold tight." Swayam said as Sharon climbed on the backseat of the bike.

"Don't you dare drop me." Sharon said.

"Have some trust on me, I am a great driver." Swayam said.

"I highly doubt it. Last time you were laughing the whole time ignoring the steering wheel and this is a two wheeler!" Sharon answered.

"That was because of you. I should have clicked your photo." Swayam chuckled remebering the memory.

"Again Mr. Swayam Shekhawat is finding pleasure in my distress. Anyway I still doubt your driving. I could drive better than you." Sharon said proudly.

"Is that so? Then why don't you drive?" Swayam said getting off the bike.

"Are you sure? It could result in a massive blow to your ego." Sharon said with a smirk.

Swayam just stared at her trying to look intimidating. Sharon returned his look with a smirk as he took his place behind her. What Swayam didn't realise that Sharon didn't just say that in a spur of moment but because she meant it. Sharon was the only girl in her family and spent a lot of time with her cousins. Her tomboyish nature in childhood led her to learn to drive a bike at 16 and she could ride it better than all of her cousins. Swayam was very confident that Sharon wouldn't be able to drive and eventually give up. Her confidence said otherwise but Swayam knew well that if Sharon wanted she could easily mask her feelings. Boy did he know he was in for a shocker. Sharon revved up the gear and took off with speed. This led to a shocked Swayam to jerk ahead. He never bothered to catch something for support as he thought Sharon would drive slowly and then eventually not at all.

"Okay there Shekhawat? How's your ego young man?" Sharon said focussing on the road.

Swayam had no word to reply. Sharon smirked at the change of events. Usually it would be Sharon who would be shocked and Swayam in hysterics, but now that it was reversed, Sharon felt good. It would be wrong to say that she never planned revenge. She did quite a number of times but it always seemed to backfire on her. The ride was silent with Swayam recovering from the shock and Sharon basking in the glory of her dynamic bike riding. She stopped outside her gate and got down.

"Wow! You do ride well." Swayam said trying to keep a straight face.

"Told you so." Sharon said and began walking.

"Come on. I'll give you some towels to dry yourself." She said turning around. Swayam obediently followed her.

"So... where did you learn to ride a bike?" Swayam asked.

"You really do underestimate me Swayam. You still don't know a lot about me." Sharon said.

"For example?" Swayam asked.

"I can make all sorts of animal voices. Want a demonstration?" Sharon said.

"Of course... not!" Swayam said as they reached Sharon's flat.

As they entered Swayam thought of how many more surprise would this night and Sharon give him.