Chapter 20

Sharon woke up the relentless honking and opened her eyes to find herself asleep in an uncomfortable position. As she rubbed her eyes to completely wake her up she remembered her reason for being in the car in the first place. Swayam noticed her waking up. He wanted to wake her up as soon as they reached but the honking of cars in the traffic could wake up the heaviest of sleepers. He had awaken her up early today and probably she had slept late possibly trying to finish a book. He wished for her to have a good nap in compensation for that and also she looked adorable whilst she was asleep. She even kept murmuring things. He didn't catch the words but it somehow made him smile.

"Have we reached yet?" Sharon mumbled.

"No. We're stuck in traffic." Swayam replied.

"Ah! I hate all this honking. How far away are we?" Sharon grumbled.

"We'll get there." Swayam replied.

"The suspense is killing me Swayam. Why don't you just tell me?" Sharon asked.

"Now what would be the fun in that. Finally we're moving. A little patience Sharon, we'll get there in no time." Swayam said as he started the car again.

Sharon huffed again and looked out of the window. He was too stubborn and she didn't like it a bit. She saw the sign of national park and Swayam was driving towards it.

"SGNP? I expected more after ice skating. This place is so cliché for couples to come in." Sharon said.

"A little cliché never hurt anyone." Swayam said as he parked.

Sharon mumbled behind his back making weird faces and

After taking the tickets and cycles for rent they walked into the park. They casually rode for sometime enjoying the freshness the forest provided.

They sat down on a nearby bench and immediately Swayam slumped on it. Sharon chuckled at his behaviour and sat beside him. As soon as she sat down Swayam immediately caught her hand in his

"I like this. Just being me and you." Swayam said.

"I love this too. Thank you for doing all this." Sharon said as she rested her head on his shoulders.

Swayam said nothing allowing the silence to answer itself. They remained like that for some time observing the people walking by. Swayam then got up and led Sharon inside the park. They walked for some time more with their hands intertwined. They talked about random things and occasionally bursting into laughter earning weird looks from the passerby. When they were both tired of the walking they sat down on one of the rocks besides a stream.

"Thank you for doing all this Swayam." Sharon said facing Swayam.

"Sharon you've thanked me enough. It was my pleasure and kind off my duty wasn't it?" Swayam replied.

"I know. But I'm seriously so grateful for you. You're the best thing that has happened to me. You make me feel... I don't know." Sharon said. Swayam chuckled at her and she smiled back at him.

"I know I'm not good with words and I won't ever be. What you make me feel is indescribable. But I do know this that no one has ever made me feel like you do. I could never live up to the high expectations of my parents; they always made me feel like I wasn't good enough. That jerk who shan't be named initially felt like I was a horrible person to not return his feelings and then made me feel used. Ankita always made me feel like we were the stupidest idiots on the earth." They both chuckled at that and then fell into silence.

"You Swayam Shekhawat make me feel like I'm the most important person in your life. You treat me with so much care and the way you look so intensely at me I feel like I would melt into a puddle. It's been just months since I've known you but you've got that hold on my heart which no one has had till now. And sometimes I'm so afraid that I'll wake up from this dream and you won't be there by my side anymore." Sharon said and Swayam could feel her choking up. He pulled her into his arms and hugged her warmly.