Chapter 23

Sharon returned home from yet another tiring day of work. Her days were frantic and there was always a job after she had finished one. She did have fleeting moments of calm being surrounded by a crowd of amazing people. All these moments did not stop the thoughts of last week's conversation with Swayam. You can't say she was dreading it but she definitely thought about it a lot. It was Friday today and she opened the door of her apartment longing a good weekend. As she entered inside she saw that the lights were on and heard noises coming from the kitchen. She held her handbag tightly and moved cautiously towards the kitchen. When she caught the sight of the person she let loose of the bag and yelled, "What the hell Swayam?"

"Oh hey, you're back." Swayam greeted cheerfully.

"What are you doing?" She replied.

"Cooking my girlfriend a lovely dinner?" Swayam answered nonchalantly.

"That's sweet of you but..." Sharon said and then sighed before continuing, "How did you come in? And you've got to stop scaring me like this. You can't just waltz in without informing me. You know how scaring it is living alone and on top of that I've been reading these cases recently which have freaked me out more that I should be."

"Ankita gave me a key." Swayam answered.

"I gave her that for emergencies!" Sharon exclaimed.

"And I did message you that I was coming because you weren't picking up your phone." Swayam said holding up his hands in defence.

"You did? That reminds me I haven't even checked my phone the whole day. That would be a new record for me." Sharon said.

"Hectic day?" Swayam asked coming closer to her.

"That's an understatement." Sharon replied.

"Well, you go and relax a bit and I'll be there with your delicious dinner." Swayam said holding her shoulders softly that sent pleasant shivers down Sharon's spine. She loved the warmth Swayam radiated and it was exactly what she needed to put a hectic week at work behind.

"Alright." Sharon smiled and slowly placed a peck on his cheek grateful for instantly lighting up her mood.

Sharon didn't notice this but Swayam's face did show a bit of blush. Now Swayam might think he was in control of his emotions but sometimes his face would betray him, this would be one of those rare moments.

Swayam got back to his cooking while Sharon freshened up and then sat on the sofa. She was in the middle of going through her messages when Swayam called out her name.

"Dinner's ready." Swayam said arriving in the living room with his hands dusted in flour. Sharon chuckled at him.

"What?" Swayam asked amused.

"You look really really adorable." Sharon said as she walked towards him.

"How did I get so lucky?" Sharon asked as she placed her hands around his neck and gazed into his eye; his chocolate brown eyes that always seemed to hold her captive.

"Maybe I should be asking the same." Swayam replied.

Time really dos stop when you're with someone whom you absolutely adore and love. Sharon didn't want the moment to end, didn't wish to do anything else but spend time with Swayam who in just a short amount of time made her life so much better. It did sound cheesy but Sharon didn't care.

"I love you." Swayam said and smiled pleasantly at her.

"I love you too." Sharon said as her cheeks turned red again as usual.