Chapter 24

"Swayam it's honestly alright." Sharon said convincing Swayam for the umpteenth time.

"I feel really bad Sharon. I know you wanted to spend some time together before Mondays pulls us into another loop of adult jobs." Swayam said.

"We have an entire day tomorrow and you made me dinner yesterday which counts as quality time." Sharon replied.

"But Sunday goes by so quickly." Swayam argued.

"For God's sake Swayam you have a family emergency, you should concentrate on that instead of me." Sharon yelled at him playfully.

"But he gets himself in trouble all the time." Swayam replied.

"Shekhawat are you really trying to convince me that your cousin with a broken bone is not an emergency." Sharon said.

"No of course not. Now that you say it like that it makes me feel like a jerk. I just..." Swayam defended himself.

"Just spit it out Swayam." Sharon said.

"It was so nice to spend some quiet time with you away from all the fast pace of the city." Swayam said.

"Yes it was." Sharon said remembering yesterday night.

Sharon was so tired that she ended up sleeping on the couch with her head on Swayam's shoulders. When Swayam tried to pick her up and settle her in her bed she woke up suddenly and smiled sheepishly at him. She dragged her feet to her bedroom and feel on the bed. When Swayam turned to leave she called him back and asked if he could stay longer. So they ended up cuddling and talking about few more random things before falling asleep together.

"I'll come by in the evening." Swayam said.

"I'll be waiting. I hope your cousin gets well soon." Sharon said.

"Don't worry; he will. He has broken so many bones that it doesn't matter to him anymore." Swayam replied.

"Still, tell him to take care." Sharon said.

"Of course. Bye." Swayam said and ended the call.

Sharon put her phone to get recharged and smiled to herself. She spun around to go in the kitchen. It was a good time to try a hand at baking something.

At around 3 pm Sharon heard the door bell ring as she was finishing off the last pieces of brownies she baked. She opens the door to find Swayam smiling widely at her. She smiles back at him and invites him inside.

"I smell freshly baked goods." Swayam said.

"I made some brownies but I ate almost all of it. There might be a piece or two left." Sharon replied.

"You ate the entire batch?" Swayam asked shocked.

"They were delicious so I couldn't help myself." Sharon said justifying herself.

Swayam was about to say something but was cut off by Sharon's cell phone ringing.

"You answer that; I'll taste some brownies." Swayam said and went in search of them.

"Hello Ma. Sorry I haven't called lately." She said picking up the call.

"It's okay; I know how busy you are." Her mother replied.

"So how are you and Dad?" Sharon asked.

"We are just fine. I wanted to ask when you'd be returning back to Delhi." Her mother asked.

"I just started a job so I just can't ask for a leave yet." Sharon replied impatiently. Somewhere she had a nagging feeling that the conversation wouldn't go well.