Chapter 12

Swayam sat quietly moving his head as if watching a ping pong match. Instead of the ball swinging from one participant to the other he saw words shuffling from Ankita and Sharon's mouths. The conversation mildly started to be an argument, later transformed into a dramatic exchange and finally turned to revival of childhood memories. How did they reach that point in 15 minutes of conversation was what he tried to figure out. He felt odd listening to them but whenever he tried to sneak out one of the two would order to sit back down and in a weird case he felt obliged to hear them out. As he listened to their chatter which made no sense to him he observed familiarities between both of them. They both had a knack of being dramatic, having abrupt changes in moods, their tastes were quite similar in almost everything and most of all they both had a heart full of innocence. He also noticed stark differences. Unlike Sharon, Ankita was a person who wasn't very shy about her feelings. All of these observations in 15 minutes was quite fascinating from him and began patting himself in the back.

"Are you quite sure he is sane?" He heard Ankita say.

"I had my doubts but I think he just cleared them." Sharon replied.

"I am right here." Swayam said as he stood up.

"Oh well didn't seem to notice you." Sharon replied.

Swayam was about to give her a reply when Ankita said.

"Shar you haven't officially introduced me to your boyfriend."

As she completed the sentence she smirked at the plan which she formulated in her head.

"He's not my boyfriend." "I am not her boyfriend." Sharon and Swayam said together.

While the first realized what her best friend planned to do while the latter was just at a loss of words.

"Oops!" Ankita said trying to stop a giggle which clearly was not ignored by Sharon.

"Excuse us for a moment." Sharon said as she pulled Ankita as far away as possible from Swayam.

"What the hell was that?" She asked.

"What was what?" Ankita replied feigning innocence.

"I know exactly what you're trying to do." Sharon accused.

"I don't know what you are talking about. What are you imagining in that brain of yours?" Ankita said maintaining her cover.

"You infuriate me sometimes." Sharon said.

"And that's what makes us soul mates." Ankita replied.

Sharon stayed silent for sometimes after which she smiled at her.

"Don't change the topic. Whatever it is you plan to do, don't do it." Sharon said in a defeated tone.

"Sharon you can't keep your feelings inside you. You have to tell him." Ankita said holding Sharon's shoulders.

"I will but not today." Sharon replied.

"Fine." Ankita said but she knew Sharon would keep delaying it until she got a shove. They walked back to Swayam who was welcomed them with a smile.

"So what was that about? Looked pretty intense." Swayam asked.

"Just this discussion we were having that Sharon should tell her crush about her feeling." Ankita said feeling proud inside.

This was ought to do some good. Sharon looked accusingly at her screaming in her mind about the conversation they had minutes ago.

"You have a crush?" Swayam asked with a hint of disappointment. Ankita was quick to sense the change in his tone and wondered why did Sharon have to be so clueless? Even if Swayam declared his love for her still she would have doubts. She worried about her friend at times like these.