Chapter 6

"No. We need six of them." Swayam heard a flustered voice and immediately knew to whom it belonged. He followed the voice to find Sharon talking on the phone and moving her free hand frantically. That was usually what she did when she was annoyed or irritated. "Hey." Swayam said. Sharon looked at him and moved her hands which Swayam understood it to be 'I am irritated and busy now, so don't dare to speak.'
Swayam smiled to himself and sat down on a chair observing Sharon. You could just observe Sharon and be entertained for the whole day. Sometimes she would be acting like a 5 year old high on sugar and sometimes she would be like a 90 year old. Her variations in moods were what kept Swayam amused. He never met anyone you could change their mood in the blink of an eye. It was maybe a good thing because it once so happened that the costumes of the contestants arrived late and the shoot had to be postponed. Sharon obviously was not very happy about the situation but she just closed her eyes muttered something to herself and the next thing you know is that she was all chirpy and trying to liven up the spirits of others. Swayam smiled thinking of the incident but then he remembered another one that just made him realise how moody Ms. Rai Prakash could be.
It was the day of the final rounds of the competition Sharon had entered and they were celebrating her third place. She was her usual self until she tasted the food they ordered. Again in the blink of the eye her mood changed and Sharon stormed off looking for the manager to inform him how bad the food was. It took a whole tub of chocolate ice cream to bring her back to normal. He was out of his reverie when he heard a familiar laugh besides him.

"Sharon why are you laughing?" Swayam asked. Sharon stopped at him and gave him a wide smile. "You should thank me mister, I just saved you from making a total fool of yourself." "And however did you do that?" Swayam asked. "See you were smiling and laughing on your own." She said. Looking at the confused expression on Swayam's face she chose to continue. "People generally associate that with signs of mental disability." Swayam nodded and when he understood what Sharon said, glared at her.
"Hey!" Sharon chuckled to herself. "Let me finish what I was saying. So where was I. Ah yes! So I laughed with you so people would think we both were laughing together. Your reputation is saved." Sharon ended her explanation and held her hands up. "I am eternally grateful to you." Swayam said sarcastically. "You can always thank me by buying me ice cream." Sharon said.
"Whom were you talking on the phone?" Swayam asked changing the topic. "Oh that. Well the channel wants to bring something out of the box or some more drama to go ahead of the rival channel." Sharon replied.

They both stood beside each other in complete silence, each lost in their own thoughts. Sharon took a deep breath. The talk with Ankita made her realise she was being an idiot trying to suppress her feelings. Before that she was so caught up in doing so that she ended up looking like a fool in front of Swayam. Now her heart would beat the same way as before and she would blush whenever he stared at her with those chocolate brown eyes but she was comfortable with her feelings. She thought about what Ankita said. Should she really tell Swayam about her feelings? Call her old fashioned or whatever but she wanted Swayam to confess if he did feel the same way for her. She cocked her head sideways to look at Swayam who was watching distantly towards the stage. She smiled wide remembering the first time they met. Somehow the stranger she met that day had entered her life, made a special place in it and forced her to take a step towards her dreams. Thinking about dreams she realised she never asked Swayam what were his. Did he always want to do what he was doing now or was it something else? How could she be so selfish? She mentally smacked herself.

"Swayam." She called. "Yes." Swayam replied still looking towards the stage. "What was your dream?" She asked. Swayam turned to face her and replied "My dream?" "I mean what you always wanted to do? What did the child version of you want to do?" Sharon explained. "To be frank I was a very confused kid. One day I wanted to go to the moon and the next day I wanted to be a singer and for your information I sing horrendously!" Swayam laughed. "Remind me never to allow you to sing." Sharon said chuckling. "So as I was saying I never was fixated on any particular thing while everyone else had their plan set. I never really wanted to plan out my life. Whatever had to happen would happen." Swayam said. "Wow! That was deep. So how did the managing the theatre happen?" "I think I always had it in the back of my mind that I wanted something related to the theatre. I always loved this place so it was bound to happen." "Interesting life story Mr. Shekhawat." Swayam bowed down.

"So when are you leaving?" Swayam asked. "You leave; I have loads of work to finish." Sharon replied. "I'll wait." "Swayam you don't..." Swayam didn't let her finish and closed his ears and started singing "We are never ever ever getting back together." "Ok fine wait." "That's what I wanted to hear." Swayam said. "You do realise you were singing a Taylor Swift song?" Sharon said. "Guilty." Swayam raised his hands up surrendering. "By the way you were right, you do sing horrendously." Sharon said chuckling. "Yeah whatever. Go finish up your work, I haven't got the whole day." "Arrogant jerk!" Sharon muttered under her breath. "Heard you." Sharon rolled her eyes and dashed off to complete her work.
***
"Finally!" Swayam exclaimed dramatically as she saw Sharon leaving the theatre. "Don't be such a drama queen. I never asked you to wait." Sharon said.
"That's what gentlemen do."
"But they don't complain about it."
"Ok." Swayam said and after sometime continued "Want to eat some ice cream?" "Why are you even asking?" Sharon said. Swayam nodded and they started walking towards the ice cream parlour conveniently close to the theatre. As they sat on the benches and enjoyed their ice cream it started to rain. Sharon finished her ice cream hurriedly and ran towards the road. It was nearly deserted.
"Where are you going?" Swayam asked. "Did you ever dance in the rain Swayam?" Sharon asked.
"No."
"How boring! Now come on."
"No Sharon!"
"Oh come on Swayam!" Sharon held Swayam hand and pulled him towards the road. In minutes they were completely soaked by the rain. Swayam just stood watching his hand which was still held by Sharon. His heart rate increased and he wondered how such a simple gesture made him feel that way. The atmosphere was that of a classic romantic movie. He never thought of rain to be romantic but this moment made him change his mind.

Sharon too was not ignorant about the proximity of them. Her head felt dizzy and she stood starring in Swayam eyes as if they had hypnotized her. Swayam tucked a loose strand of her hair behind her ear. Both felt a jolt of electricity in their bodies. They both felt as if they both completed each other. Swayam held Sharon's cheeks with both his hands. He stared intently into her eyes trying to read those hazel eyes that always made him smile. "You're beautiful." He said. Sharon just blushed looking down at the ground. She couldn't look at his eyes. They held this power to melt her feet. Before he could react completely Swayam held her in a tight embrace. She relaxed as she placed her head on his chest listening to his heartbeat. The moment just felt so surreal and both never wanted it to end. Swayam had in that moment realised how much Sharon really meant to him. He wanted to confess his feelings immediately but he didn't. Mainly because he wanted to make sure it was perfect and a small part of him feared if she didn't feel the same for him.