Chapter 14

Places surrounded by nature have its own special quality about them. They were serene, quite and had a calming effect on the mind. The busy chatter of the city makes everyone realise how silence was so important in one's life. That's how they both stood, in a comfortable silence admiring the view they got from high above the hilltop. The bus ride had been of an excruciating 2 hours of being cramped up, but none the less everyone was busy singing old bollywood songs making the journey quite enjoyable. As they reached Sharon took a big breath of fresh air, happy that the picnic was arranged here and they had to hike up the mountain to camp out. While everyone was busy complaining, Sharon strode enthusiastically clearly enjoying the hike. Swayam tried to keep up with her but she always out ran him. Finally as she got tired they both walked together talking about random things. Presently they both stared into the horizon as the others were preparing a bonfire.

"So you finally you get to check coming on a trek to a mountain off your list." Swayam said.

"You remembered? Even I hadn't thought about it." Sharon said as she turned to face Swayam.

"Of course I remember." Swayam said and went back to staring at the horizon. Sharon smiled at him feeling happiness warming her body. She honestly didn't expect Swayam to remember her silly little talks in the middle of the night. She smiled again at the memory and faced away from him. Swayam shifted his eyes from the horizon onto Sharon. She had a huge smile on her face and Swayam felt his stomach churning with anticipation. Could he really tell her about his feelings today? He shook up the negative thoughts and focused back on her. She now had her eyes closed and he knew she was trying to hear the birds as they flew back to their nests. After a few moments she opened her eyes and turned to Swayam and realised that he had been looking at her. A blush crept to her cheeks which didn't go unnoticed by Swayam. He smiled as he realised that reaction was because of him. He moved his hand to tuck a strand of hair behind her ears. This caused Sharon's cheeks to become redder. Swayam felt more confident about Sharon feeling the same way.

"You're blushing." He said without a thought as teasing her had become common for him.

"No I'm not. Why would I blush? It's probably the cold air here." Sharon started blurting out.

"You're still in denial?" Swayam asked.

"No I'm not." She replied back. Swayam knew this answer wasn't for his teasing but somehow her feelings for him.

Sharon looked at his unchanging expressions for a while thinking about what she said at the back of her head, clearly understanding the shift in the conversation. Sharon was never good at reading people's expressions. She could never understand how people could do that. Maybe all of them were secretly wizards and she was a plain old muggle. She racked her brain about the various topics that could be going on his head but none came to her. She awkwardly stared at him hoping he would say something rather than just look at her. It made her conscious about herself. Her heartbeat quickened and the strange feeling of butterflies swarmed her stomach away. She turned around and started walking to calm herself and to have some time to think alone when she felt Swayam hand enclosing hers.

"Hey where are you going?" He said. She turned around to find herself looking into his eyes.

"Not particularly interested to stand awkwardly while you just stare at me." She said happy that she could mutter up a witty remark.

"I wasn't doing that. Just thinking about something and spaced out." Swayam replied.

"Okay. I'm just going to take a small walk to take in all the views, so you'll have time to think about whatever you were thinking about." Sharon said.