Chapter 25

"Pick up Swayam, pick it up." Sharon mumbled pacing around her room as she dialled Swayam's number again.

"Dammit." She said as she heard the beeping sound again. She sat down on the bed and called him again but decided it was of no use and ended the call mid way. He wasn't going to pick up anyway.

She had splashed water on her face to remove any evidences of her crying for an hour and going through the events that occurred. She finally decided to call Swayam so that she could apologize and feel his warmth again because right now she felt very cold from within.

"Why would he pick up? I'm sure he doesn't want to talk to me after shutting him out. And wasn't I then one that told him not to call even though I didn't mean it?" Sharon said aloud. What had happened to the good weekend that had started yesterday? Now it all felt crumbling to her.

She picked up her phone again and called the one person who could and had handled her at her worst times.

"Hi. I for saying it lightly have made a mistake." She said skipping the pleasantries.

"What happened?" Ankita asked.

"Can you come over? It's too much to talk over the phone and I feel I could combust if I keep thinking about it any longer without talking to someone." Sharon pleaded.

"I'll be there in 30 minutes." Ankita said sensing that something was majorly wrong.

Ankita was at Sharon's house within fifteen minutes. She may or may not have broken the speed limits and signals but all she cared was her best friend who was troubled with something.

"Hey. You're early. How fast were you driving?" Sharon asked as she opened the door to greet Ankita.

"Fast enough to be here as quick as possible. Now let's talk about what's upsetting you?" Ankita said as she let herself in and sat down on the couch.

"You could have been in an accident." Sharon stated.

"I wasn't Mom, so let's just talk about the reason I broke speed limits for." Ankita said.

Sharon sighed and sat down beside her and gave the whole details about what happened almost an hour ago. Ankita listened quietly while simultaneously listing the things she wanted to say to Sharon's parents. She couldn't believe that her parents were still ignoring the fact that Sharon was such an amazing daughter. When all was said Sharon looked at Ankita intently asking for her advice.

"So you sunk my OTP ship?" Ankita said trying to lighten up the mood.

"I might have." Sharon said guiltily.

"You're a fool to think that." She replied.

"But you just said that." Sharon said.

"I was trying to lighten the mood in which I have failed. This is just a small disagreement and you definitely didn't mean anything you said. It was just a reaction to your idiotic parents, no offense to you." Ankita said and Sharon nodded agreeing to everything she said.

"So what should I do?" Sharon asked.

"I'd recommend a grand romantic gesture but the only thing that will work now is that you talk to him." Ankita advised.

"How? He isn't picking up my call." Sharon answered.

"Give him time. I'm sure he's giving you your space and trying to sort out things in his own head because he wouldn't be human if he isn't hurt." Ankita replied.