Your hand please

Chapter 14

"The girls will be home soon," Kat said, curled up with her feet in his lap. The sun was coming through the window, hitting the sofa and they had spent a lazy few hours together that morning, neither in a hurry to rush out the door and explore the region.

"How soon," Yoongi asked, tracing her leg with his fingers. He'd been so caught up in the weeks they'd been spending together and planning to go away with the group that he didn't remember exactly when she'd said they'd be back apart from while he was travelling. They were a huge part of her life and something they still needed to navigate if this thing was going to continue but so far he'd kind of pushed that aside and just focused on her.

"In about a week," she replied, watching his face, unable to tell what he was thinking.

"Ah," was all she got out of him so she sat up, pulling her feet away and crossing her legs. She wasn't looking forward to when he was away for four weeks but having the girls back would be a huge distraction from not seeing him every couple of days as had become their habit.

"Don't you have questions," she said, frowning a little. She was looking forward to seeing her daughters but she knew this, hanging out whenever they wanted, would change.

"I kind of thought you would take the lead on this since they're your kids."His voice sounded cold as he spoke and he didn't mean it to, softening it a little by continuing. "Have you mentioned anything about us?"

"No, not yet. I'm not even sure what I would tell them since we haven't defined anything about us." She watched something flicker across his eyes and continued quickly so not to pressure him and make him freak out. "I wouldn't tell them about any partner unless it was more than dating."

"I'm not dating anyone else, you know that," he said, reaching to rest his hand on her leg and she did feel reassured by his touch. And she hadn't actually known that for sure. It had been alluded to when he said he didn't have any time for anything other than work but he hadn't come out and said that he was only spending time with her and not dating anyone else.

"You know I'm not either," she answered and his hand hand moved gently against her skin.

"Yeah I know Kat. Don't think this isn't a big deal to me. You know it's more than dating right?"

"No Yoongi, I don't," she said, cocking her head a little as she looked at him. "I mean, exclusive dating is more than the hooks up you mentioned you normally have but I still don't really know what this means for the future."

He visibly reacted to the word future, as if the room got instantly cold, shivering briefly. "I didn't know I wanted it to be more than hook ups until we starting spending a lot more time together and then that wasn't enough."

Kat was surprised and her cheeks flushed at his words. This was the most he'd really said about what they were. "But," she prompted, knowing from his reaction that there was more.

"But you said future and I don't know what the fuck that means. This is the longest thing I've ever had since before my trainee days."

"You know, this is already kind of a relationship Yoongi," she said and he didn't move, staring at her as she spoke. "And has it been scary so far?"

He huffed but shook his head. "You're pretty chill about the whole thing really."

"I don't want to launch into something super full on after being married for all those years so I'm happy with how things are. But at the same time, I'm only ever looking at a relationship as a possible long term thing. Try not to freak out."