pancakes

-Taylor Pov-

"Mommy I love your airplane. Does every airplane look like this?" Thea asks as he bounces in her seat. I finished up the LA dates last night so now we are headed to Kansas City to meet up with Travis.

"Not every plane is like this. Most planes have many many seats to fit more people. This is a private jet" I try to explain but it's easier to just pull up pictures on my phone, so that's what I do. My girl has never flown commercial before, so no wonder why she thinks everyone flies this way. There are plenty of people who do fly privately, but most people fly regular planes. She has taken trips in my jet since she was only a few weeks old and thankfully has had no problem flying.

"When are we meeting your friend? I drew Travis a picture of me" she beams, and I smile at her "We will get our stuff to the hotel and then go see him. He told me he is making lunch for us, isn't that nice?" she has been referring to Travis as "My friend" for the last few days and asked all sorts of questions I don't even know the answers to myself. she is always so excited about meeting new people, and it makes me happy that my girl is so social. But it also makes me feel guilty that I keep her so sheltered from the world, it means she doesn't meet new people all that often.

"do you think he wants to do cartwheels with me? I'm getting really good at them" she says, and I chuckle "I don't know if he can do a cartwheel, you need to ask him" Kids ask all sorts of funny questions, especially my daughter. She likes to learn things; and is excited about any information she can gather.

"Now be my good girl and eat your breakfast" I pointedly say about her breakfast in front of her. My jet is catered whenever I use it, and today she got an English breakfast because she loves that. when you grow up in England for most of your first six years you get a taste for eggs, sausage, and tomato beans.

**

After putting our stuff at the hotel we head towards Travis's house. My nanny gets the day off to explore the city while I take Thea with me. tomorrow though she is taking Thea to the zoo here in Kansas City while I hang with Travis alone. It makes me sad that I don't get to do stuff like that, take her to the zoo or the mall, because it's just too big of a risk. I don't want people to see her, and that means I need to sacrifice some stuff. But when she goes with her nanny she flies under the radar. There is a security guard following them by blending into the crowd just in case, but for the most part, she gets to do normal stuff.

We follow the GPS to where Travis told me to meet him, his house. He is in the middle of closing on a new house, but for now this is where he lives. Since he has had incidents of people just showing up at his house he wants to move into a gated community for safety and privacy, and I don't blame him for that. all my properties have as much privacy as I can get, I don't want people camped outside where I live, even though that can't be avoided in new York.

When we pull up to the house Travis is standing on the front steps waiting for us. I texted him before we left the hotel that we were on our way. I park and step out of the car before helping Thea get out and grab her bag. To make sure she has stuff to do I packed a backpack for her with some drawing supplies, her tablet, and her favorite dolls. With being a mom I've learned to always be prepared with stuff for your kids to keep themselves occupied with. I learned that the hard way with several meltdowns over her troubled two years.

"hi guys" Travis beams as we approach him and step aside so we can walk into his house. It's a big entryway with space for us to put our shoes away and has some family pictures hanging over his console table.

"It's good to see you again" I sigh and give him a quick hug. If Thea wasn't here, I might have dared to kiss him, just to feel those soft lips again, but I don't want to confuse her before I know what this is. For now, Thea thinks that Travis is just a friend, and I want to keep it like that for now.

"hi Mr. Travis, do you remember me" Thea beams up at him with her big blue eyes and wide smile. "I sure do Thea, and you can just call me Travis. We are friends, aren't we?"

"do you want to be my friend? that's so cool! You're mommy's friend and my friend" She grins and bounces a little before doing as I tell her by taking off her shoes and putting them away.

"of course, I want to be your friend. you're the coolest kid ever" Travis sweet-talks her, and I can't help but smile for the effort he is putting in. It can't be easy to suddenly have a package deal if he wants to develop something with me, so I appreciate the effort.

Thea takes her backpack and skips after Travis further into his house and I smell the scent of pancakes as I follow after them. Travis wasn't kidding when he said he would make something she liked and asked me all about her favorite foods. I appreciate that he is trying to score points with her, it means he understands how important she is to me. if she doesn't approve of Travis nothing can ever really work out between us. It's not that she dictates my life and who is in it, but she is my world, and I will always put her first.

-Travis Pov-

I've been nervous to have Taylor and Thea over, but I know I need to earn points with the six-year-old if I'm ever going to gain points with her mom. That's at least what my brother told me. I don't know what rules to follow when you want to date someone with a kid, so I'm winging it. what I do know is that Thea is her whole world, just like it should be for a parent, so if I want to get in Taylor's good graces, I need to make friends with her kid.

"do you know many kids Travis?" Thea asks as she settles on a chair at my kitchen table. "I have three nieces. Wyatt is almost four, Elliotte is three and Bennett is around six months now" My three nieces are all firecrackers I love to death. I don't get to see them as often as I would like because they life in Philly and I'm in Kansas City, but when I get to see them, I try to spend as much time playing with them as I can. and the rest of the time we Facetime so I get to be cool uncle travy from afar.

I dish up plates with pancakes for all of us and set the toppings on the table as well. I have whipped crème, maple syrup, and butter because I don't know what the girls prefer. "dig in while they are hot" I tell them and take my own seat.

"thank you, Travis, you didn't need to do all of this" Taylor smiles at me and right then I know I would do anything to make her smile. "it didn't take me much time, and I wanted to do it."

"thank you, Travis, I looooove pancakes but mommy doesn't let me have them often" Thea grumbles and I chuckle "Consider it a special treat then." Pancakes earn me brownie points with the kid, that's noted.

I have questions about who her father is and how things were when they lived in London, but I don't think this is the right time to push. I don't want to ask questions like that in front of Thea just in case it's a sore subject. So far around me she hasn't mentioned her dad, and I don't want to be the one to bring it to her attention. For all I know she doesn't have contact with him, or he is a constant presence in her life. I want to know so I know what I'm dealing with, but there is a time and place for everything.

While we eat, I keep the conversation flowing with both girls, but Thea is just like my nieces and won't stop talking. I don't mind though; I would like to get to know the girl better. If I'm going to be in Taylor's life, I need to be in the kids' good graces, and what better way to get there than to talk to her?

Tomorrow, I get Taylor all to myself, but today is all about making Thea have a good time and make her mom smile. I can do this; I want to do this. The last thing I want to do is fuck up my chances here. I'm scared that what I have to offer won't be enough, and that this is a major mistake, but I won't know before I try.