butterflies and promises

-Taylors Pov-

I start to wake from a magnificent dream. But as I'm about to turn to the other side I can't because strong arms are caging me in like a cocoon. It's a nice cocoon, safe. The memories from last night come back slowly and It's like I can feel everything all over again. His weight over my body. His lips were on every part of me. the sheer bliss as he brought me to the brink, and I fell into oblivion. It was perfect.

I'm not someone who really does casual sex, it's not pleasurable for me. for me to feel pleasure there got to be some feelings involved, and I know I have those for Travis. he makes me feel good and feel like I matter. and the effort he puts into being close to me and my daughter has to mean he has feelings for me too, right? There is no other explanation, right?

"good morning baby," he says as his arms tighten around me, holding me firmer if that's even possible at this point. Baby, that's a new nickname and I can't help but feel all gooey from it.

"How did you know I was awake?" I say with a raspy morning voice. "you were moving, so I took a guess."

Travis kisses my neck and I sink further into him. We are both naked, skin on skin. Last night was the first time we slept together, and it will forever linger in my mind. His hands engraved on my skin like a golden tattoo, forever imprinted into my mind. Sex has never felt like this for me, this good. don't get me wrong, I've had good sex in my life before. But this was somehow different anyway. Exactly what it is I don't know, it just felt like I was having an out-of-body experience.

"so last night," he says, and I turn in his arms. He looks good in the morning, with bed hair and a sleepy expression on his face. "last night" I sigh contently before planting a kiss on his lips. "was everything" I finish.

"do you want to talk about it? are you good?" he runs his hand down my arm tenderly and I feel it leave tingles on my skin. With every touch, I melt further into him, like I can't possibly get close enough. "I'm perfect," I say and kiss his pecks.

He has a hairy chest, it's all manly and actually really attractive. Joe didn't have any chest hair, and it gave him a boyish look. Everything about the way Joe looked was boyish, not Travis though, Travis is all man. There isn't anything soft about him, anything childish. It's refreshing and something I didn't know I needed in my life. boyish looks bring with it boyish attitudes, and I'm getting too old for that shit.

"good" he nuzzles his head into my hair and takes an audible whiff making me laugh. "that tickles" I laugh. "what can I do, you smell so good" he sighs contently.

"Should we talk about it? talk about last night and what it means?" I try to approach the conversation I know we need to have. Sex between us wasn't meaningless, meant something. our connection runs deep enough for me to know that this was the beginning of something more between us. It took whatever we had going on to a new level. It changed it forever.

"I think we should. So we know where we stand. It changed things" he says and meets my eyes lovingly. "it did"

"I wanted to know... if you want to take things to the next level," he asks and my heart stops for a second. Does he mean what I think he means? Make us official? I've been thinking about it, it's the next logical step, but I've been hesitant. I don't want to get my heart broken again, or Theas. She is getting attached to Travis, and I don't want to mess with that for her. There is a lot on the line, but I don't want to go backward either. There is something more developing between me and Travis, and I owe it to myself to take the shot.

"like become a couple?" I ask him straight out. there is no need to beat around the bush, I can ask him straight up. I don't want there to be any misunderstandings between us, I'm not in the mood for messy.