dogs and sushi

A/N Based on the response to my question on the last chapter I will do a mix of longer and less frequent, and my usual length and often.

-Taylors Pov-

Thea is off to the zoo with Michelle, her nanny, so it's just me and Travis at his house. I'm always a bit sad to send Thea off to do these things without me, but it's the only way she gets to do them. Keeping her a secret has its consequences, I can't be seen outside the house with her. I don't know how long I can keep this going, she is getting older and asking more questions.

I just want her to be safe, that's all. And anyone in my life is at risk with the stalkers and media following me everywhere. Being tied to me puts a target on your back, especially if it's blood related. And a child? That's a whole new fucking ballgame. It would be front-page news for weeks, and she would never know peace again. She wouldn't be able to just go to the zoo without all the fuss I have to endure. I know this is for the best, but I can't help but be a little bitter. I'm her mom, I want to be able to take her to do all these fun things, but I decided with her dad years ago to keep her hidden. It was more her dad's wish than mine, but I understood the reasoning and now hiding her has become second nature to me.

"Ross will be here in five minutes with the dogs" Travis announces, and I have a decision to make. Do I hide as he told me I could, just outside or something while he got the dogs, or do I meet one of his best friends? Travis told me I could trust Ross to keep me a secret, that I could trust that he would respect our right to privacy. Maybe I should take the leap and meet him? What's the worst that could happen? If I want to be with Travis, I need to loosen up and meet people for god's sake. I can't be a chicken.

When the doorbell rings I follow Travis into the hallway leading to his front door. I'm not going to hide, don't want to be a secret from his friends. If Travis says I can trust him, I need to trust Travis.

"hi man—" Ross starts before he spots me and grins "fuck I knew you had a lady friend. I'm ross," he says and holds out his hand and I shake it "Taylor. it's nice to meet you."

Ross looks between me and Travis for a while before his eyes grow big. "fuck, the bracelet really worked. Man, I owe Aric five grand for that." he took a second to put the pieces together before he recognized me, and there is no going back now.

"yeah, yeah. I told you shitheads not to bet on it, but you did it anyway" Travis rolls his eyes before stepping up to me and wrapping his arms around my waist from behind. "where are the dogs?" he asks Ross who heads outside to let the dogs out of the car.

Two decently sized dogs come running into the house wiggling their tails as they sniff around. When they notice their dad, they rush over barking and looking for some attention. They see me and sniff me out like I might be an intruder they need to protect Travis from, but they settle for licking my bare feet making me giggle.

"this is Rambo, he is a goldendoodle mix, and Chauncey is a Pomeranian-husky mix" he points out the different dogs and I crouch down to stretch them behind their ears. "what a good boy" I coo Rambo as I scratch her before giving some attention to Chauncey. Both dogs seem perfectly content with meeting me and I love animals so this is perfect. Personally, I'm a cat person, but I love all animals. My mom has a big great Dane named Kitty that I love when she isn't being annoying. The big dog thinks it is a small regular dog and tries to climb on the couch to settle in my lap like a little dog would.

"Man you have some answers to give all of us," Ross says and nudges Travis which makes him chuckle. "yeah, I know" he already suggested to me that his friends could come over before Thea and I leave while she is out with her nanny, so I could meet his friends. It means a lot to me that he wants to introduce me to them so soon when my ex took months after we were official to introduce me to his. But Travis being the understanding man he has told me it was up to me if I want to meet them or remain in hiding for now, that he would be fine either way. I like that he isn't putting pressure on me too.