He built a fire just to keep me warm

A/N not my favorite chapter. But here you go, I wanted to post something today for you all 

-Taylors Pov-

"Travis!" Thea yells and runs towards him as he waits in the doorway. We just arrived back in Kansas City, and we of course went straight to his house. "Thea!" he is just as excited to see her, picks her up, and twirls her around making her laugh.

"you're silly" she grins as he puts her down and she rushes further into the house while yelling for the dogs.

I walk into the house and close the door before I step up to Travis, wrap my arms around him, and rest my head on his chest. Breathing in his scent is like taking a hit from your favorite drug. he doesn't go overboard with the cologne, so you can still smell his natural clean scent and body wash in addition to the spicy cologne.

"I've missed you" I admit, and he pulls me closer if that's even possible. "I've missed you too baby" he nuzzles his head into my hair, and I can hear him taking a whiff, probably smelling the vanilla shampoo I used this morning.

We pull away far enough that our lips can connect, and I sink into the feeling of his lips against mine. he runs his tongue along the seam of my lips, asking for entrance, so I open my mouth and let his tongue in. kissing him, holding him, it all feels like coming home.

"ew!" comes from our left and we pull apart. "that's yucky" Thea scrunches her nose as she stands there with one dog on each side. I laugh and go over to kiss the top of her head and say hi to the dogs. They seem happy to see us as well.

"it's your birthday tomorrow" Thea bounces over to Travis who crouches down on her level "It sure is. You remembered that huh?"

"I did, and I made you a special present. But you can't see it before tomorrow, that's the birthday rule" she nods to herself.

"is it, I didn't know birthdays have rules" Travis teases her which makes her laugh. "yes, there are rules. Special rules just for birthdays"

I've never heard of these supposed birthday rules she knows about, so I can't help but laugh at her imagination. Sometimes you have no idea what's going to come out of her mouth, it's like Russian roulette.

"I think it's someone's bedtime" I point out and Thea pouts "but mommy, I haven't seen Travis in ages" she sighs dramatically, and I chuckle. "you can see him tomorrow, now it's bedtime."

"listen to your mom. We can play tomorrow" Travis promises her which makes her smile. I grab her bag; Travis grabs her suitcase and the three of us head up to what has become her room while we are here. I used to have the one straight across from it, but now I'm staying with Travis in his room. We are together, so it obviously wouldn't make sense for us to have separate rooms. Not to mention that I like falling asleep in his arms.

**

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday to Travis, happy birthday to you" comes a song from my left and I groan before opening my eyes. There stands my little girl in her Barbie pajamas.

Travis wakes as well on the other side of me and looks sleepily at Thea "That was a really nice song, Thea. Thank you"

"why are you in bed with mommy? She wasn't in her room. I thought she was gone. Poof gone" Thea rocks on her heels and I grab her and help her onto the bed so she can sit between us.

"Because your mommy and I are in a relationship, so we like to share a bed" Travis explains, and she crocks her head "But what if I get a nightmare? When I get a nightmare, I get to sleep next to Mommy."

"if you get a nightmare you come in here and get to sleep between us, that's perfectly okay," Travis says, and I melt at his connection with my daughter. Not many men would want someone else's kid in their bed, but Travis genuinely doesn't seem to mind.