meeting his friends

-Taylors Pov-

We are leaving tomorrow morning, so we are soaking up the last hours with Travis for a while. I don't want to leave, but I have obligations in New York. I've booked an inn to record some music, and I'm not about to cancel on people because of a guy I don't intend on telling them about at the moment.

I'm not interested in another secret relationship, one where we only go out in the shadows, but for now, we want to keep it under wraps so we can get to know one another. I don't even know if I can call this a relationship yet or if we are just two people casually hanging out. don't know if I can even do casual anymore though, I have a kid and that complicates things. I also don't think I'm made for casual; I've never been good at that.

I don't think I can do casual, but I don't know If I'm ready to be in a relationship either. I'm confused as to what I want and what I'm ready for. Am I really ready to move on from my ex? we were together for so long before that crashed and burned. In the beginning, I thought he was the love of my life, but the lights shut off and it turned dark. I was wandering around in the dark for so long that I don't know if I'm truly out in the daylight again. I feel like I'm basking in daylight when I'm with Travis, but is that just something that I will feel now but they have it fade? Can it really feel like this in the long run or am I just kidding myself? it could just be the honeymoon period where the idea of something epic overshadows everything else, overshadowing reality. But it could also all be true, that he will help heal me. that he might be exactly what I need in my life.

"Mommy bye, I'm going now" Thea has been running around with the dogs all morning, but now she is leaving with her nanny to go on an adventure for a few hours.

"have a good time with Michelle. Be my good girl and listen to her, okay?" I kiss the top of her head and she nods "yes Mommy."

She ships over to Michelle who is waiting by the door and leaves with her. They have a security guard with them, but other than that Thea gets to be a normal kid for a little bit. It hurts that someone else can give her what I can't. if I go out with her like that her life will be forever changed, forever thrust into the spotlight. It feels selfish of me to do that to her just so I can take her out with me.

**

Travis was going to have his friends over to his house, but then he had a good point. What I they are there when Thea gets back? I'm not ready for that yet. So instead he got Ross, the guy I met yesterday, to host us.

Travis, having been here many times before, steps into his house before me, but holds my hand tightly. The nerves are bubbling inside me, nerves from meeting people who mean so much to Travis. What if they don't like me? what then?

I don't have time to think too much about it before Travis drags me out onto the backyard patio where his group is waiting for us. "Man, I'm glad you two could make it" Ross comes over and fist bumps Travis before, surprisingly, giving me a one-armed hug. "good to see you again Taylor."

"you too Ross"

Looking over at the round table where the others are sitting, I see they are frozen in their spots as they look at us. No one moves an inch and I immediately get nervous. They seem in shock to see me, and I get that, but I still get chills down my back.

Thankfully Travis doesn't let the awkwardness linger and introduces me to the group. "guys this is Taylor. Tay, this is my manager Andre, his wife Amanda, my good friend Aric and you have already met ross" It's the first time he called me "Tay" and I like it. my friends call me that, it's a sentiment that we are close.

"hi, guys" I do a little awkward wave and beat myself up for it afterward. Way to look awkward Taylor. thankfully they break out of their shock and stand up to come say hi.