Every love I've known in comparison is a failure

-Travis Pov-

I was supposed to meet up with Taylor at the stadium, but the bad weather caused them to have to postpone the show, so I'm heading to the hotel to meet them there instead. It was a long flight to Argentina, especially as I'm only here for a few days, but damn it's worth it. it's worth it to get to see my two favorite girls.

Taylor: dinner with dad?

She texts me and I stop for a second. I knew I was meeting her dad tonight, but I thought it would be while watching his daughter perform, not an intimate dinner. But of course I'm up for it.

Travis: Sure. Sounds good.

I'm nervous about meeting her dad, it's a big deal. I want him to like me, to approve of me. Taylor is quite close with both her parents, so their opinion obviously means a lot to her. Mr. swift could really hate me, and there is nothing to can do about the fallout from that. but hopefully, I pass the dad test and we can move on. The hardest thing might be that he is a born and bred eagles' fan, and I play for the Chiefs. We all know how serious football fans get about their teams.

The car pulls up to the hotel and one of her security guards is waiting for me. "hi Brian, good to see you" I greet him. I like to get to know their names as they are around a lot. It feels weird to not know them when they are the ones protecting Taylor's life. I'm so appreciative of what they do that knowing their names is the least I can do.

"Hi, Travis. did you have a good flight?" he says, and we fall into small talk as he leads me to the elevator, down the hall, and to where Taylor is behind the door. I knock two times and wait for her to respond. But it's not her that opens, it's my favorite little firecracker, Thea.

"Travis!" she shrieks and throws her little arms around my legs. I pick her up under her arms so I can hold her close "Thea!" I match her enthusiasm. In the corner of my eye, I can see Taylor, but I give Thea the attention she is requesting for a moment.

"I missed you" she sighs dramatically, and I chuckle a little "I missed you too sweetie. It's good to see you again" I put her down and she runs off to get something she drew for me, and I get to see my girl.

Taylor walks up and we wrap our arms around each other. She rests her head on my chest, and I can hear her take a whiff. I don't mind as I do the same thing to her hair. She smells of her vanilla shampoo and a little bit of her natural scent as well. "Missed you" she mumbles into my chest, and I tighten my arms around her. "Missed you too baby, so much."

Having her in my arms, it's like coming home. Her scent lingers all over my house, but nothing is the same as the real deal. her smell, her warmth, her everything.

**

We make our way down to the restaurant, Thea holding our hands and skipping between us. We got some time to wind down in Taylor's hotel room before it was time to meet up with Mr. Swift for dinner. I'm still nervous, but Taylor assured me I had no reason to be. Her dad has heard plenty about me and is apparently looking forward to meeting me too.

Mr. Swift is already waiting in the private room we are dining in and goes to hug his daughter and granddaughter before it's my turn. I hold out my hand for him "It's nice to finally meet you Mr. Swift" I politely say.

He shakes my hand "It's good to meet you too and call me Scott. Mr. Swift makes me feel so old" he chuckles, and I smile.

We take our seats at the table. I'm beside Taylor with Thea and Scott on the other side. The little girl sits dutifully on her chair with an extra pillow under her bum to give her some height.

We decide to order a bit of everything and share. There are so many small dishes to try at this place, and I can't wait to try the empanadas. Thankfully Thea isn't a picky eater and is excited to try something new. She isn't a hard kid to bring places, that's for sure. Not like my own nieces who are all picky eaters. If there aren't chicken fingers, pizza or plain spaghetti at the restaurant there will be a problem to take them there.