Let the players play

-Taylors Pov-

"Please Mommy, let me come to the game. I promise to be a good girl" Thea begs for the tenth time today. The Chiefs are playing the Broncos today and I'm going. But Thea really wants to come with me and I'm seriously considering it.

I already said that I would let her come to a game as long as it was more low-key, so maybe this is the best bet for that. She already faced the paparazzi in Malibu so I know she can handle it. I'm just worried that I'm exposing her too much, that even though she seems like she can take it she shouldn't have to. It's confusing and I don't know what to do about it all.

"Okay sweetie, you can come," I tell her, and she jumps up and down in excitement. "I get to go to a game" she chants over and over again as she dances around the living room.

"Mommy, do I get to wear the Chiefs jersey donna got me?" Donna got her a kid-sized Chiefs jersey with Travis's number on it. so she has been switching between that and the one Travis got her depending on her mood.

"you can choose what you wear," I tell her, and she is so happy I can't help but smile as well. "I'll go tell Travis" Thea shrieks and runs into the other room where Travis is getting a haircut. He gets one before almost every home game, as he likes to keep his look tight.

I head after her to make sure that she isn't getting in the way of the barber, but when I enter the room, she is well off to the side, so she isn't in the way. "I really get to go Travis. I'm so excited. I'm going to be the one cheering the loudest. You'll hear me, I pinky promise" She goes on and on about how excited she is to come.

I look over at Travis who is just finishing up getting his hair cut he talks animatedly with my daughter about how excited she is to go to a game and how much fun she will have. "I'm gonna wear your number. You're 87 and I can count all the way there, I learned that in school."

"you're such a good counter if you can count that far Thea" Travis praises her, and she gets even more excited. She loves being praised for absolutely anything, so I try to do it often. Kids feed off different things, but Thea just loves praise and learning new things, so I make sure to fill her up on that. It makes her happy and that's all I want for her. I want her to be happy, be thriving.

"Travis, will you wave to me before you play, so I know you can see me?" Thea asks. "I'll try to remember and if I can see you from the field. you're going to be high up so it can be hard to see" he doesn't promise her anything he can't keep, and I appreciate that. thankfully that seems to be enough for her, so she accepts it and runs along to draw something. kids don't have the longest attention spans; my daughter especially tends to jump from one thing to another at the drop of a hat.

"Thanks for letting her come," Travis says after he is done with his haircut. "I can't keep her away forever" I smile weakly. I wish I could hide her away and have her escape the bad parts of the life I chose all those years ago. But I can't keep her under lock and key, especially now that people know about her anyway. It's her shot to have more normalcy, to see the world with her mommy by her side, not just her nanny. And I don't want to take that away from her.

"Britt asked if we want to go to the zoo the next time, you're in town," Travis says, and I nod "Zoo sounds fun. it's one of Thea's favorite places to be. Count us in."

I wouldn't be surprised I she became a zookeeper or vet for the zoo animals when she grows up. She loves being there and loves to watch animal shows from zoos all over the world. I'll make it a point to take her to zoos in the different countries I will visit on my tour. She would like that and there are different animals in different places. In the spring I'm going to Australia, so she would get to see a kangaroo and a koala if we went there.