Your little hand's wrapped around my finger

A/N it's not a long chapter. I'm not feeling well. But it's an update at least.

-Taylors Pov-

"good morning" Thea singsong as she slips into my bedroom. I hear her before I see her, but my eyes flutter open and I take in my little girl in her pajamas. "good morning sweetie" I rasp out in my morning voice. My voice always sounds slightly raspy whenever I wake up.

Travis tightens his arm around my waist and places a kiss on the back of my neck, he is awake too. "Travis, did you have fun with mommy? I made loads of drawings with Michelle and then I had to go to bed" Thea says, and Travis sits up a bit.

"I did have fun. I'll look at your drawings later, I would love to see them" he says and my girl grins.

This is everything, it's perfect. My man and my little girl are here together, and I wouldn't be anywhere else. Who needs something else when they have this? I don't know, and I don't intend to find out. I thought I had found my happily ever after with Joe, that the hardship was just what I had to take to have what I dreamed of, but it was all false. Love, real love, and partnership aren't supposed to be that hard. It's not supposed to hurt that much. If love hurts more than it gives you it's probably not the love, you need. I didn't see that back then, I was blinded, but now I know better.

Thea climbs into bed with us and takes a seat on Travis's stomach. She has no inhibitions keeping her back from him, she loves him just like I do. it's comforting to know that he can be the presence my little girl needed all along. It hurts that her daddy couldn't give that to her, the person who fathered her, but maybe this was what was meant to be all along. Not everyone is meant to stay in your life, for some, you're just a stop along the way.

"what are we doing today? Can we do something fun?" Thea asks and I grin at her "We are going to the American girl store" I say, and she gasps. "really mommy? Really? I've always wanted to go there. Can I pick out a doll? Pretty please Mommy. I'll be a good girl forever and ever" she rants.

"of course you get to pick out a doll. And we will have lunch with your new doll at the café there" I say, and she is ecstatic. "does Travis get to come too? pretty please Mommy. It's a girly store, but that's okay. He can still come" she pouts, and I bop her nose.

"of course I'm coming. I wouldn't miss your first time there" Travis says, and she is on top of the world. it's refreshing that it doesn't take much to make her happy, she is more than happy with a simple trip to the store. I would give her the world, but she doesn't need that to be happy.

**

We take my town car to the store, which sets us off outside after security clears a path into the store. There are no paparazzi here, no one would expect me to show up here today. Thea holds my hand and Travis's hand, swinging them, as we walk into the store.

She gasps as she looks around with her big blue eyes, taking it all in. I must say I'm impressed by the store, how well done everything is. There are displays of dolls, their accessories, and furniture all around us. The store is filled with excited kids and their parents as they are here to look or pick out a doll.

"What kind of doll do you want? Another one that looks like you?" I ask but she shakes her head. "I already have that. I want a special doll. A pretty one" she lets go of my hand and drags Travis with her instead. I'm not offended that she chooses him to drag with her, it just makes me happy to see how much he means to her so fast.

I can see that some people around us recognize me, but everyone does keep a respectful distance. If that's because my security lingers close by scares them or they just respect my space I don't know, but I appreciate it, nevertheless. I want to be in the moment with Thea and experience this with her.

-Travis's Pov-

I didn't think I would find myself in a store designed for little girls, but here I am, and I don't mind at all. Thea drags me around and points out the dolls she likes, and I follow along with Taylor hot on our heels. Thea let go of her mom's hand when we got into the store but kept her little hand tucked in mine. I didn't have the heart to let it go, so here we are.

"Mommy, do you think I can get the furniture too? it's okay if I can't though" Thea says as we stare at the display of what's apparently this year's doll. According to Thea, they have a new girl with a new story every year. I must admit the whole concept of this "American girl doll" thing is well thought out. the dolls have books that go along with them, movies, and furniture to fill a room you can make for your doll. Everything seems well thought through, so no wonder Thea loves it. she loves to play pretend, whether that's with these dolls, her Barbies, or any kind of princess doll. She also likes to dress up as one and be one herself. It's wonderful how big of an imagination kids have.

"how about I get it for you?" I suggest and she looks up at me with her beautiful blue eyes "really? I can get it?"

"sure. Can't have a doll without its bedroom now, can we?" I say and she throws her little arms around me. "thank you, Travis, you're the bestest ever and ever."

This little girl has me wrapped around her pinky, and I don't mind one bit. Who would mind when the person is that awesome? Not me. both she and her mother have me wrapped around their pinkies really.

We pay for a new doll and furniture before we head upstairs to the café. There are plenty of little girls here, mostly with their moms, eating and they have these special chairs for their dolls.

"can my new doll eat with us? Pretty please. She doesn't want to be in the dark box by herself" Thea asks, and Taylor helps her get the doll out while I get us a table. I feel out of place in a place like this, but I don't care. I'm sure enough in myself that this doesn't bother me much.

We get a table by the window, and sure enough, there is a crowd of paparazzi gathering outside. Someone leaked that we are here, not surprised about that. we will have to pass them to get to the car later, but it will be okay. Thea has been handling the paparazzi well so far, not that she has seen them many times but a few by now.

My phone goes off in my pocket for the third time. I've been ignoring the ringing and trying to stay in the present, but three calls got to mean something right? Maybe something is going on and someone needs me for something.

But it's someone I definitely don't want to talk to. My ex-Kayla. We broke up early this year for the thousandth time, but I knew it was over for good at that point. I don't entertain cheaters, that's not my style. I gave her everything I am, but it wasn't enough for her. So fuck her. I press ignore, not interested in getting into anything with her. I don't want her call to ruin my good mood, we are having a good day so far. I wonder what she wants, I can't help it after she has been in my life for so long, but I'm done asking how high when she tells me to jump. I'm not someone you can walk all over, at least not anymore.