Chapter 18

Suspicion

A few minutes ago...

Parker, look after QingQing, I will be going out for a while.

Parker looked at him with suspicion and asked, " Where are you going? "

Curtis looked at him with a gloomy look on his face and replied, " You don't need to know that, I will be back soon, so take care of QingQing.

........?!

.................

Curtis's POV...

Sigh. I need to clear my doubts. I am sure I have smelled that female and her mate where I was unconscious.

I have many questions and suspicions about her.

I need to know what she is up to.

So I am on my way to her house.

(End of POV)

----------

Currently...

Curtis: I have some questions to ask.

..........??

Alina was confused about what he was up to. Then she concluded, "Is he here for a fight?"

Her mates also had the same feeling.

The three of them looked at him warily. Then, in a harsh tone, Alina warned him, "Listen, if you are here for a fight, just go back. We are not in the mood to fight with you."

Saying that, Alina went to close the door, but her hands halted midway.

Curtis asked, "Why did you go to that place?"

Alina looked into his eyes and asked, "Where?"

Then he asked her, "Do you have anything to do with QingQing's abduction?"

Alina was a little stunned by his sudden question and questioned, "What?"
And thought, "Shit I forgot that Beastmen have a strong sense of smell."

Before Curtis continued, Dylan and Winston stopped him with a hiss and growl. Alina had hinted for them to stay calm.

Alina released a deep breath and replied, "I understand your imagination running wild. Well, maybe you are right. There is a possibility that the abduction was planned."

Listening to this, Curtis hissed angrily.

Alina was irritated, so she said, "Shut it, now listen to me carefully. There is a possibility that the abduction is pre-planned; otherwise, why would the King of Flames City be wandering near Beast City?

But I am not the mastermind's role behind this."

Curtis looked at her with wide eyes. Actually, he also thought that it was suspicious.

Alina looked at him and continued with her logic, and then suddenly she said, "Maybe I know who is behind all of this."

Winston asked, "Do you mean...?"

In reply, Alina just nodded. But Curtis was not as calm as they were. He asked, "Who is behind this incident?"

Alina replied with a serious look, "The Ape King."